十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Spring Blues

Is it even spring? How the heck should I know; I live in a country near the equator so it's summer year round.

I've had my share of fangirl screaming yesterday when I finished the remaining episodes of 花より団子 2 within 6 hours; and there wasn't any breaks in between. Yes, I'm that crazy when it comes to watching dramas, especially after restraining myself last year due to examinations. Like mom said, I'm having my revenge against the television. Even if the storyline was a wee bit different from the manga, it was still awesome! I think I'll go watch the last two episodes again~
...Oh crap, bro's recording his 'Heroes'.

Hmm, what should I write about...
Music.
Yeah, I finally got my timing for the song right! Robert was teaching us a song which falls under the category of I've-heard-it-before-but-don't-remember-the-name on Monday. Bro has perfected his drum part while I was struggling a bit on the riffs. I've got the hang of it now and we were jamming yesterday.

Bro called me a noob *sadface* and said he could do it better. Hah!
First, he didn't apply enough pressure.
Then, he fingers were at the wrong fret.
Next, he didn't get the strumming right.
And then, he hit the wrong strings.
He wanted to learn how to play, saying that it was easy until he cut one of his fingers. He said that he's not gonna take up guitar.
One thing for sure, it ain't easy playing with an electric guitar; unless of course, you start with the acoustic. It's a bit harder to press on acoustic, at least that's how I feel. The chords are more harder to play with and it's really hard to bar some of the chords, especially with hands and fingers as small and short as mine. A friend of mom's said my hands looks like a 10-year-old's.
And to HuiChuin (if he ever reads this), it's not necessary to start with classical guitar. In fact, I think it'll be harder, since classical guitar uses nylon strings instead of bronze and you don't need to press that hard to produce the sound in classical guitars, unlike acoustic and electric.

I got the hang of playing the first part of Green Day's 'Holiday'. *grins*
And I played Otsuka Ai's 'PEACH' on my keyboard...by ear! *double grin*
It's only on the keyboard / piano that I can play by ear, the right hand part that is. It took me only like five minutes to get the entire song for PEACH. Just the other day, I completed the part for SHE's '怎么办'.
Bro asked me how I know what key to play and I told him I just know. Usually, I'll have the song playing in my head and my fingers just moves like that, no further explaination. He then says that I'm a freak and should take up piano or keyboard instead of guitar. Heh.

Almost 70% of the songs in my playlist are Japanese songs, and I love all of them. They have the rock that I like, the pop that I don't dislike (unlike some English songs) and the jazz that won't make me fall asleep. Honestly, I think the English music industry has lost a lot of creativity. There just aren't any songs that catches my attention anymore.
As for Japanese...there's a whole bunch of them. Like: Suga Shikao, Kawabe Chieco, Fonogenico, BACK-ON, Arashi, Koda Kumi, YUI, Aqua Times, Orange Range, Kimura Kaela, Sawajiri Erika, UVERworld, Last Alliance...I don't think I'll be able to list everything and everyone of them.

I was hoping hat by writing this post, I'd be able to kill time till 11, when Shark is gonna start. Looks like I have 10 more minutes...guess I'll continue where I left off for 花ざかりの君たちえっ. I could at least finish a few chapters before it's time.