十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

College

Well, the gathering we had on Saturday was okay; tiring but fun. I just hope that my friends had fun; I apologize for any shortcomings that happened, gomen gomen. _(_ _)_
I didn't expect that uncle to be talking so much about college stuff, that was totally unexpected and unplanned for.
Dad says that my hosting skills was okay but it needs more polishing. Talking was hard, considering that I prefer to spend my time alone. I don't like communicating with people; my words get all jumbled up and I say things that I don't really mean. That's why I don't attend parties nor anything that needs me to open my mouth.
I'm still eating the leftovers from the gathering. There's a whole tupperware full of curry left; you guys should have taken more, you know?
I cringe at the mere mention of curry now.

I just spent half of the evening talking to dad about my college application. I'm adamant about my decision on CIMP but dad is still deliberating on his choice. I mean, come on! I made my decision as soon as I saw the campus and all the other campuses. Wasn't he the one who told me never to waver my decision once I've decided on it?
Yeah, I did say that I wanted to take the AUSMAT, but that was way before that I found out it has internal and external assessments. I'm already SICK of 11 years of examinations and I'm not about to spend two years of my life sitting for another examination and go all miserable and depressed when I don't score well. I don't deal with failure and defeat well.
I wanted the CIMP for its flexibility. It's not like it doesn't have any examinations (as my dad believes so); it's just that coursework (assignments, quizzes, projects...) stands a higher percentage when they grade you at the end of the year. The ratio of 30:70, being 70 on coursework sounds better than 50:50 of assessments, regardless whether it's internal or external.

Contrary to the belief of anyone who knows me; I'm not smart. I never was and probably never will be; I just don't understand why people put so much faith in me. I'll probably be very disappointed with my SPM results when it's out in March. I'm already prepared for the worst.

I'll be starting my driving tomorrow, after inquiring about the fees and everything. My parents will no longer help me with anything, other than financially. I feel dejected, kinda. I mean, I've never been out a lot. Hold it, before you comment about my yearly vacations overseas, read the bottom.

I've never been anywhere that my parents weren't around.

Which also explains my poor social skills . Plus, I don't go out often with friends due to my dad's strict rule. Since you've met my dad, you should know. Of the seven years of being a teenager, I've probably only went out with my friends around five times; three of is with my mom there but not with me.

And suddenly, they just dump me there and expect for a really inexperienced me to fend for myself. What the heck? I know that it might be a good way for me to learn, but isn't it too extreme to just leave me alone like that?
And isn't it really contradicting when they suddenly shove all the responsibility to me and then say that my college decisions must be bilateral instead of unilateral? One minute, you say that I've got to make my own decisions and do the things myself and you're making decisions for me the next?
He says that he's afraid that I'll cave in and call it quits when it gets too hard. One question, when have I ever quit something as important as learning? You were the one who drilled into my mind that I should never quit. I've never actually given up anything without trying as hard as I can; the white flag would only be raised if it's the last resort.
But on the subject of add math, that's a total lost hope for me. I've tried everything and it doesn't work right.

Right now, I really feel like I don't want to grow up nor grow old. If only there was a way to suspend my growth, making me 17 forever. I don't mind not being able to watch PG 18 movies, I'm not really interested in them that much.
So, are there any vampires around? Preferably like the kind in the Twilight series; I want to be able to enjoy the sunlight occasionally and not be repelled by garlic and the cross.
It's an unlikely fantasy but so what? I don't mind it at all.

PS: I don't know how I remembered this, but do you know that:
A human nose can smell 1,000 kinds of smells.
In 8 weeks, the organs that are needed to survive are already in place within the fetus.
A human grows 12 bodies worth of new bones in a lifetime.
There are around 100 million neurons in a human brain and it processes 1,000 information per second. And the brain uses 1 pint of blood per minute.

To the people who watches Discovery Channel often, you should have seen this in the advertisement for Human Numbers. I can't really explain how I could remember this after only watching it once...