十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Daydreaming

The identity of Old Snake occupied my mind for a split second.
I wondered if it was bro's friend, Ryan, cause I've seen him/her posting in Carmen's Cbox. But when bro said that he hasn't gotten his net connection back yet, it puzzled me more. And then, something else popped into my mind and it was soon forgotten.
To the person who uses the pseudonym Old Snake, I thank you for your poem(?) and hope that you don't misunderstand my previous statement; I'm a bit of a scatterbrain.

The thing that popped into my mind was a song. My very first piano piece which I composed...which lasts less than one minute...which I have now forgotten how it sounds. See what I mean?
I can only remember the mood of the piece to be very cheerful and a bit on the bouncy side. I play only by ear so I didn't have any notes written down; not that I know any of the notations or the meaning behind them. I'm a noob version of Megumi Noda of Nodame Cantabile, but I don't even know what a Cantabile style is.
The only notes I read are chords and power chords, which are very different from piano notes.

That aside, I've been dreaming for the better half of my Saturday afternoon; daydreaming to be precise. (I'll be rambling, starting from the next sentence. Don't say I didn't warn ya!)

I was thinking about the service resident that I stayed in while vacationing in Korea; the atmosphere and the feel of living and studying alone in another country.
So, I was thinking about how to decorate my apartment/ dorm/ room/ whatever else place that I might be staying in.

If it's an apartment, I'll probably be staying with my bro during sophomore year; and that only applies if he's studying in the same country.
So the living area would most probably have a DVD player, a game console (let it be an XBox live/ 360 or a Playstation 3, or even a Wii!) and a TV hooked up to an awesome sound system that has really, really good bass. I can't stand listening to any song without the thumping of the bass in the background. A sofa, a glass coffee table and a beanbag (or as HuiChuin calls it, Tau-Sa-Pia) to finish the room.

The kitchen would have a fridge, of course. An electric cooker (cause I'm really dangerous around fires) would be most suitable. A microwave oven (like the one mom has) would be great to nuke some tv dinners and the occasional baking of cookies. Dinning table, chairs, cutlery, china...the usual stuff you'd find in a kitchen.

I think I'd want a soundproof room to jam. No, not the jam you spread on your morning toast; band lingo. Jam, jell...what else is there?
Bro's drum would be at the back while the keyboard will be at the right, in front of the drums. The bass and guitar would be at the right and left side respectively.
...The only thing missing now is a bassist and a keyboardist.

My room...oh how I wish I could remodel my current one to what I've envisioned!
My bed near the left wall; my study desk on the right. Closet door just before the bed and the bathroom door after the desk. The desk would be flanked by a tall bookshelf on the right, a coat hanger on the left and a built-on rack just above the desk.
The bookshelf would be filled with books needed for classes, encyclopedias, dictionaries, thesauruses and language books, especially Japanese, Korean and Spanish.
Near my bed would be another bookshelf/ bookshelves for my growing collection of novels and manga tankoban/ bunkoban; depending on how many books I've got and how fast I'll get the shelves filled.
The walls will be a soft lilac colour instead of the horrid 'cherry blossom' I have right now. No matter what fancy name you call it, pink is still pink; a rose called by any other name is still a rose. Posters of anime and my favourite musician/ bands will be everywhere!

That's just about where my daydream stopped. It's a lil far-fetched, don'tcha think?
I mean, how can a student even afford something as luxurious as this? I don't even think that my dad will pay for everything; and the oncoming recession makes it even more improbable. Even if I do work part-time, I don't think the measly income generated from it would scratch the surface of the probable debt raised from this kind of living.

Like I said earlier, I was only daydreaming.