十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Father's day got up to a bad start. A few of us woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
Dad was upset that we woke up 'really early' and so was mom. I woke up at 10 and spent an hour in the bathroom doing my laundry (yes, I do my own). Bro was being the 'good' boy and blamed me saying that I was the cause of everything. I got blamed when sis woke up late too. What the hell?
It's not my fault that she didn't want to sleep.

Actually, dad came out of his room yesterday night and found me still at my desk (it was 1 in the morning). I was unzipping, rearranging and cataloging my manga volumes after not doing it for three months. It started to get annoying when I couldn't find the particular chapter I wanted to read about (this is procrastination at its worst) . I'll tell you how it works later.

Mom wanted to go the mall (1U) today and I told her that I'll go too, since I wanted to check if my novels had arrived. But the vibe I got from her was so bad that I said I'll stay home. When bro saw that I was wearing Bermudas instead of cargo pants (if I'm going out, it's cargo pants; i wear Bermudas when I'm home), he yelled at me, saying that I ruined his alone time. Apparently, he wanted the max connection to play CABAL. Speaking about CABAL, it started to get boring and I'm thinking of quitting; I'm already on hiatus.
Back to the subject. Mom heard us shouting and decided to not go. She then told dad (he was supposed to fetch us there 'cause he was taking the cars for servicing) that she wasn't going until I ran out the front door and climbed into the car. If I didn't, bro would have nagged my ears off. I swear, he's far worst than a woman!

The first place we went was Popular bookshop. I told mom that it would be better if we went to the one at Ikano since it is the largest one in Malaysia, I think. The only one up to comparison is the one in Orchard Road, Singapore. We found the workbooks for Physics, Chemistry and Biology; for Form 4 and 5. The only one missing was Add Math and Physics for Form 4. Another reason for Ikano's Popular is that they sell disks. I'm planning to buy one stack of my own and have the liberty of burning whatever I want in them, without bro's queries about what I'm doing with them.

Second was to Momoe. Mom liked the bag she bought last week so much that she said she wanted the other one she saw. When we were there, another one caught her eye and she ended up buying two.

Then, we split up at the escalator. She didn't know that I was no longer following her and she called. I told her that I was heading to MPH to look for my novels and she said she'll call when she's done grocery shopping for tonight's dinner. She then called me and said to wait for her at Hinode as she wanted to buy the crystal jellies for her plants.

After that, we walked to the bakery and she bought the baguette and other stuff to feed the two hungry monkeys at home (sis called earlier to ask mom to by kebabs back, request denied). Dad called and told us that he'll be there in 10-15 minutes (according to mom) but it was 45 minutes before he came and picked us up. I told dad that his ability to estimate time sucks and wonder how can he afford to be wrong in his line of work. He said that it wasn't him doing the work (on the car) and if it was him, he'd be on time. Yeah...

So, that's how Father's day went for me. It's not over yet but I doubt anything else will happen.
What I got out of shopping with mom? Two novels; one Ella Enchanted and another one titled Define Normal, a portable book light (so that I could read in my room and not disturb some 'princess's' sleep and more workbooks.

Now, how I manage my manga volumes...
First would be the downloading either from Mangatraders, Shoujo Manga Downloads or from the sites of the scanslators themselves.
It'll end up in My Documents and I'll drag it into my folder named "Manga-Zip Files", and then into another sub-folder named "Unzipped Manga". The zip files will then be unzipped using Winrar and I'll read it there and then.
When I have time or am in the mood, I'll do the next step; when I don't, it'll just be left at that folder until it looks really full or till I get annoyed by the messy chapters.
It involves renaming the title or the page number, so I can fit all the chapters into one volume.
I don't like reading manga by chapters, so I'll have to do a bit of work to get it the way I want it.

SDC_vol.07_chp28_pg001.
Let's say that chapter 28 was named like above, and the next chapter, 29, was named like this:
Shinshi_Doumei_Cross_v07_c29_001; the chapter after next, 30, was named sdc_v7_ch30_1. This example is one situation which I hate this most; when all the chapters have different names. It makes work harder and my fingers ache at the end of the day.
Most of the time, only 1 or 2 chapters will have a different name and the other 3 or 2 would have the same (based on a volume which has 4 chapters).
I'll pick up the name that majority has and change minority. When all the chapters are different, I'll use my default naming:
(abbreviation of title)_v(no.)_ch(no.)_pg0(no.)- If the title has more than two words or (title)_v(no.)_ch(no.)_pg0(no.) if the title is two words or less.

SDC_v07_ch29_pg001 (Shinshi Doumei Cross)
Punch!_v01_ch03_pg032 (Punch!)
The window would be at detail mode and the dimension would be dragged smaller so that the options for actions would appear at the top of the cursor instead of below.
Why? Rename is second last.
My left fingers would be at ctrl+c to copy the initial name and ctrl+v to paste and right fingers alternating between typing the numbers and to move the mouse.
Back when I was stupid (yeah, I was. You'll see why later), I used my mouse to right click, copy the initial name and right click twice to select rename and paste. Silly, huh?

As soon as the renaming is done, I'll move the whole chapter into my Manga folder and into its respective title and volume folder. Then, I'll move the zip files into their respective folders inside Manga-Zip Files. Usually, I'll have three windows opened to make life easier.

When I've downloaded a new title, I'll make two folders, one in Manga (with the title, thumbnail picture and have the checkbox for compression to save disk space ticked) and the other one in the Zip Files (title, compression. Zip files are in tile view).

If a particular title is completed, I'll archive it with WinRar and put it into a sub-folder named Completed Manga in Manga-Zip Files. These archives will be burnt into cds and any files concerning it will be deleted to free up space.

If I want to read it in the future, I'll just take the disk out and unzip it and delete it when I'm done. The same is done for anime.

Well, since I was interrupted yesterday and I couldn't finish dealing with Bride of the Water God and Skip Beat, I'll go finish it by signing off here. Not to forget, I promised sis that I would give her Hana Kimi to read...

See yah.