十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Boredom; Act Five

Today was another boring day; and I'm one day closer to the reopening of school. The day I dread is looming closer...
Oh well, I was typing this at my brother's computer while he uses sis's for his Star Wars game. I was waiting for the upload of my pics to finish but it was already time for Mythbusters.
I'm back at my sis's computer now and she's getting prissy about it. If she gets prissy, she'll complain to dad; if she complains to dad, he'll get annoyed and will (hopefully) fix my wireless. Problem solved.

Anyways, I finally got to clean up my room, the bookcase in my room and my desk. It took me less than 3 hours and I did manage to throw away a lot of stuff that I didn't really need; like the stupid spray bottle that couldn't work, the kindergarten book I was keeping for the sake of memory, the bubblegum wrapper that I bought during vacation (I have no idea when or where, and it still smells of vanilla. Yes, vanilla bubblegum.), the draft papers I used when I was practicing my math in the room and some of the newspaper clippings I kept but don't remember why. I stared at it for a few seconds before saying "What the heck." and threw them into the bag.

I even refolded the clothes in my wardrobe, it looked like a tornado hit it before I did. Mom would have screamed her lungs out if she saw how it was before.

This is my messy room; it's messy to my mom that is...

It's in an ugly shade of pink (for those who don't know me well, I HATE PINK) Mom said that it's blossom red; but no matter what fancy name they put it, IT'S STILL PINK! Five years I've been tormented with that color!

The first thing you might notice would be the pile of junk on top of the box. Yeah, that... The shrink wrap contains the stuff my friends in school bought from the catalog that I subscribe to, there are test papers underneath it, a photo album and my cloth bag.
There's a guitar at the side and it's my dad's. I prefer my dad's so I brought his up and left mine downstairs at the music room. Hehe...
The good thing about having my bed near the wall and window is that I can stare out at the sky when I can't sleep or lean on the wall while reading. See the white blob there, it's the toy dog my friend Sapphira gave me as a present the year before and I love it to bits! My fav. cyan hoodie hangs with my bag.
In this picture: (In the background) My wardrobe with a Kelly Clarkson poster in front, two Sister Princess posters at the side and part of sis's bed.
My keyboard, my dolls standing on the sheet stand; my bookcase, a box with on a stool that is filled with sis's stuff and my school bag underneath a pile of notes.

This is my bookcase; my pride and joy! Initially, the bottom was supposed to be a place for my sister, but she doesn't read and ends up putting her Barbie beach car in there and says it's her garage.
So, I vacated the place and put the remaining stack of my books there. The top would be the ones that I'll read most often; the second would be occasional and the bottom would be really rare. Yes, I do own Chinese novels and they're at the bottom shelf.

That door leads to the bathroom.
See that blue thing in the far corner? That's Dory and her huge eyes. She used to be on sis's bed and it gave me the creeps when I wake up and have it staring at me, especially in the middle of the night. :X

This is the bag I bought the day before. And Matty (yes, that's its name) is chewing on my new watch!

My previous watch is on the right. Looks dainty, huh? The straps are handwoven.
Also, I let it run one to many times in the washing machine when I left it in the pocket of my uniform.
I'm sure its successor would not go through that experience. My mom would kill me if it did.

Had a lil fun while rearranging my bookcase. This is the amount of books on the first shelf; 25 if I'm not mistaken.
Got that bookmark (yes, the red thing dangling in front is a bookmark) from the museum while visiting Taiwan.

After cleaning, my room looked better and mom was happier.

The pile of junk cleared and my bedside table rearranged.

My bookcase rearranged and the floor cleared. The missing chair reappeared, sis took it to the study room when she was watching Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge.
Oops, left the hammer there after fixing my wardrobe. Yes, some girls do know how to use tools and fix stuff.

This is my desk, after cleaning up.

And this is the amount of books that we need to carry everyday. I'm not kidding!
It's the worst when it comes to days when it's one period each for nine periods of class. Those are only textbooks, don't forget the workbooks and exercise books.
Imagine the weight of the bag...Then imagine climbing up three floors.

My thoughts exactly. And they're wondering why we're experiencing sore backs at a young age.

This is my very huge screen and all my post-it posts.
Top: Tuition schedule.
Left: Timetable of subject in school.
Down: (left half) Manga titles I'm watching to download in SMD; (right half) brief notes on using Photoshop.
Right: (top) List of characters in Love Catalog when doing translation for En.tro.py.; (bottom) notes of symbols I used to inform the editor or the QC'er if they need to do some rechecking on the language or to find out about something.

That's the end of the tour of my living and working space. I doubt it'll stay tidy for long; I'd give it three days tops.

Oh yeah, today's Mythbusters episode involves three myths and I shall be a spoiler and tell you the conclusions:

  1. It is possible to shoot a fish in a barrel without actually getting a good aim. It's the sudden pressure change when the bullet passes through the water that kills them, not the actual shot at its body.
  2. Milk (full cream/ full fat) is the only way to cure the heat of a chili pepper, such as jalapeño and so on. Water, beer, spirits, tequila, toothpaste, wasabi and worst of all, petroleum jelly does not work. Who'd be that stupid to use petroleum jelly in the first place?
  3. Elephants are afraid of mice; which is quite a shock actually. Didn't expect the elephant to be afraid of such a small animal. Even though it didn't run off and cause a stampede like in the cartoons, it was cautious of it during the experiment. Still, it did prove that the myth is true.
Well then,I'm off to bed. Tomorrow's the last day of the holiday and it's a long time till the next break.
*sigh*

Ps: Kudos to AquaSixio or Rolando Cyril for his amazing artwork! The name of the picture of my header is Strangle Oasis while the background is Silent Prayer. The previous Miho was something I spotted on the net without an owner to credit. Thanks Rolando for producing such beautiful art!