十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Boredom; Act Three, Part Two

Well, I was typing this at my brother's computer while he was trying the make my wireless work. It did, so I came back to my own desk and it's pretty much where I still am...Whatever.
I just hope that my wireless will work again tomorrow or I won't be able to check my mail; answer posts, download my manga and write this.

So, I went out with my mom for a girl's day out (the two monkeys where left at home) at 1U. We went our separate ways as soon as mom and I located the post office (if you ever need to find it, take the escalator down from Giant and you'll see it on your left). I went to MPH bookstore to get my erm...annual? No, doesn't sound right...biannual? Well, I just go to that bookshop at random times, no specific patterns of time; sometimes once every few months, sometimes only once a year. Anyways, I didn't know what MPH stood for until like three seconds ago.

Brief history of MPH or Malaysian Publishing House...is still too long for me to tell.
You can check it out here.

So, I spent over an hour there debating with myself which book I should get. Since I didn't come on my birthday and the novel I want was already out, it was settled that I'd get that. I stood at the shelves thinking and calculating how much I would be spending if I got another book.
I decided to get my usual Simon & Schuster Teen Romance Comedy series (not really a series, but whatever) by Catherine Hapka, titled Something Borrowed and another one titled The Misfits by James Howe, published by Aladdin.

While I was debating with myself on which book to buy, I kinda noticed the people around me.
In my observations, I noticed that that there are three kinds of teens nowadays (this only applies in Malaysia and no where else).
The subjects of observations were three girls trying to decide on which book they wanted to buy. One was commenting on how boring the book was even if she HADN'T EVEN READ IT BEFORE!. Her reason on why the book is boring?

BECAUSE THE TITLE WAS A MONOSYLLABLE AND THE COVER ISN'T ATTRACTIVE!

I can admit that I come from a different planet and find these creatures who call themselves 'Humans' and claims that they are the smartest animals found on this planet aren't really that smart at all. (-____-)
Maybe the statement from the movie 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" was true after all.
Dolphins are the second most intelligent mammals on Earth; humans being the third and mice being the first.

These are the results of my observations:
->There are those who speaks English with a really FAKE British or American accents in hopes to fool others to think that they are "fluent" in the language.
Come on, from the conversation I overheard I could tell that she speaks Chinese at home and English is not a common language she uses.
Shall I add that there is a lot of grammatical mistakes in her sentence?
(Correct verb should be 'were'; that was intentional)
-> There are those who speaks English with an accent, but it isn't to impress anyone.
-> And there are those who doesn't speak English at all. One word would blow their cover.

Look, I'm not trying to brag or anything.
I know that my English does suck sometimes and I still make mistakes when it comes to tenses.
I still find myself lost for words and still commit (am I using the right word?) grammatical errors in my conversations and writing.
Anyways, I just wanted to say...
LOSE THE FREAKING ACCENT!

You're not impressing anyone and even a retarded monkey with bad hearing would know that the accent was FAKE. Do I need to spell it out for you? F-A-K-E

Since that's out of my system, time to get back to my day out with mom.
Where was I...

Oh yeah, I bought my books (and was poorer) and mom was waiting for me at the cashier. Later, she wanted to look at sling bags; since hers was going to tear off soon. So, we headed off to Momoe (not Momoe Yamaguchi, you twit). Mom was bag hunting and very soon found the bag she was looking for. It was 79 bucks and at 20% discount, pretty reasonable. She snagged it and paid for it.

While she was waiting for the cashier for the change, something caught my eye. It was a military styled sling bag hanging on the rack (yes, hanging; yes, rack. Cue the sound effects of angels singing). Mom walked over as I looked at the price tag...Same as the one mom got. Omigod.

Then mom asked me if I wanted it; I said yes. She told me to get it; I said no.
Why? I'd be blowing most of my allowance away!
Mom then looked at the sign which I had previously ignored.
50% discount
It was tempting; but I told mom that I'd buy it when dad issues this month's allowance. While I was debating with myself (again), mom said that by that time the sale might be off or that the bag would have been sold out. Okay, that made my decision much easier.
Since bro got 80 bucks last month (May); I'd be getting it this month. And since I bought my card for the phone, I won't be spending any this month...I wouldn't be broke again!
So, I asked for the shop assistant to get the bag, I paid and was content with my purchase all the way.

To sum it up (I've got to get to bed...), mom got me a new Swatch watch; bro messaged me to get the price for an X-Box 360 (and it costs 1690!!!); we went grocery shopping at Giant and we were stuck in a jam at two different places (at Pelangi and Sg. Buloh) for an hour before reaching home.

If I was asked how my day went, I wouldn't say it went well, nor did it not go well.
I'd just say that I wasn't that bored today.