十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Finished

I'm finally done.
Yup, my first ever college finals.
YAY!
*feels giddy*
*throws confetti and jumps up high*

You know, I was almost late for the paper.
Initially, I thought that it was going to start at 10.30, so I got up at 9.00 and dallied my way to 9.40.
Usually, I leave my house half an hour before the time even though I live only five minutes away by car.
Even at my mildly slow driving, I still get there in 15 minutes, 20 tops.
It was lucky of me to walk to kitchen to get my cup for my breakfast drink and just happened to glance at the post-it note I wrote for my mom to know my exam schedule.
I looked at the clock again, abandoned my cup (and my breakfast) and rushed out the door.
Luck seemed to be on my side as each traffic light I passed was green the moment I reached it.
I reached the exam hall just as the students were walking in.

The paper was decent (I don't want to jinx it by saying it was e***).
Most of the objective questions were what we learned back in Form 5, just in English instead of Malay.
Thanks to the tips given by the lecturer last Monday, I was able to answer the structure and essay components with ease.
I did the question on the expansion of the tin industry and its effect on the socio-economy and the formation of the government instead of the question on the foreign policies because I felt that I had better chance with the former question.
I think I wrote a little too much on the formation of government, but who cares.
I finished 15 minutes ahead of time, but wasn't allowed to leave the room. So I just sat there and looked at some furiously scribbling while some idled with a 'I don't know how to do' look.
James, who sat next to me, barely finished in time. He was still filling up the MQS when the examiner took my paper.
I'll let you in on a secret though, I idled away my Sunday instead of studying for MS. I only started reading on the structure and essay parts at 1 in the morning and finished an hour later.

In other news, I was wondering around the RomCom blog (Simon & Schuster) when I stumbled upon this site which was introduced by Jennifer Echols.
It's the National Novel Writing Month, or NaNo for short.
It's where participants dedicate the whole of their November writing a novel of any genre. At the end of November, participants who have finished will send in their entries.
The winner will have their novel sent to publishers for viewing, that means you might have a chance to be published!
I registered myself and am now in the running for it too.
I realized that, I just can't wait around for things to happen anymore.
If I want something, I'll just have to make an effort to grab it!
If it's meant to be, then it's meant to be.

It's not like I'm very confident in my writing.
Writing has never been a serious thing for me, because I never considered it as a career choice.
Even when my teachers back in sec school (or high school, if you may) encouraged me to take up creative writing courses and major in English in college, I told them that it just isn't possible.
Given my background and my practical parents, they would never agree to me having writing as a serious career.
And it's also why I'm doing my foundation year in Science instead of Literature.

I do like writing, but I don't know what's going to happen in future.
I'd probably just do it as a hobby, but who knows what the future holds?