十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Editing

If you're a Facebook user and happen to have me as a friend, then you'd probably read my status update.
I'm learning how to edit manga over studying for my final paper.
This is the product of what I learned!

Ahaha, this is what I initially wanted to project after two hours of watching my captive bishies.
Yes, a nosebleed.
And Rei is my REAL Japanese name. Not Kikimi like some stupid brat said a year ago.
My name in Romanji (converted from Kanji) is Taka Irei.
I prefer Rei, so I'm gonna stick with it.

Well, now I can use Photoshop to edit manga instead of just using it to watermark stuff and make polaroids, avatars and banners.
I seriously can't draw with it though; I really suck at art.
My progress in editing had to be stalled all because I couldn't engage quick mask, which is needed to get rid of gutter shadows.
And the root of it is, I can't afford to get the real copy of Photoshop (it's around 200+ bucks, WAAAAAY over my budget).
The cracked version rendered the hotkeys useless.
I was using the trial copy before and got used to doing everything with the hotkeys.
It's really terrible when you have to keep clicking on the Menu toolbar just to select the image.
If I can get a real copy to replace the cracked one and manage to master editing, I can be a real threat!
Translating, proofreading, editing, typesetting and quality checking...I can't wait till I can start my Japanese and Korean classes!

Oh well, since I don't feel like reading about the country's boring history (what's so interesting without the conspiracies, assassinations and bloodshed; it's only about a bunch of people getting outsmarted-it's the nicest possible way to put it...) I'll get a head start on my translating.
I think I'll probably get a few script to proof tomorrow.

Edit: I was translating Shape of Love when I found this gutter shadow free-page.

This is the page before the cleaning and typesetting.

And this is the page after the editing. (Click on the images to enlarge and compare.)
Out of all the fonts I have, smudger was the closest I have to manga text.
I had a tough time cloning the side and getting rid of the huge sfx on the wall.
I finished this in an hour.
I know, I know...I'm rather bad at it. But practice makes perfect, ne?