十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Rottweiler Puppy/ What is Normal?

I have a Rottweiler puppy staring at me from the box.
No, it's a toy puppy.

I've thought about this for a very long time; since reading 'Define Normal' that is.
So, I've been asking myself, what is normal?

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, pg 572:

Normal • adj
1. usual, typical or expected.
2. tech. (of a line) intersecting a line or surface at right angles.
3. the normal state or condition
That's the meaning of normal, but I'm looking for the definition of normal in the context of humans.
I did ask the opinion from a teacher and fellow schoolmates, but none provided the answer that really satisfied my query.

I went home, laid on my bed after a warm shower and started to think...

- If one were to be abnormal, would it disappoint the society?
- If one were to do something that one didn't usually do and continued doing it, would that abnormal action become a norm?
- How about the same for behavior?
- Since everyone is unique, doesn't it contradict when you describe a person as normal?
- Society shuns the abnormal; since geniuses & prodigies are abnormal, why are they celebrated?
- If something is normal in one culture, and an abnormal in another, should the other change to make it a normal between the two? (in reference to the above)
- If one were to be normal, then does it mean one's production rate be the same as another?
- If one were to be normal, would one have to behave like the rest?
- If one were not to be 'like everyone else', is it wrong?
- If one were asked to be normal, would that person be condemned to always be judged as the crowd/ group at he/she associates with, deemed never to be better?
- If one were to rise above the rest, wouldn't that be going against the principle of being normal?
- Who decides what is normal?
- What does it take to be normal?
- If one were to be abnormal, and another follows, would it then be a norm?
- If we were to let things be as it were, wouldn't it stun development?
- Am I normal? (obviously not!)
- Is it normal for someone my age to think so much?

I never had any of the answers to my questions, other than the second last one.
I'm really happy and proud to say that:
I'm not normal & I'm happy to be abnormal!

They used to tell me that girls can't fight. -I fought off a bunch of bullies at age 7.
Girls like the color pink. -I loathe pink!
Girls can't use tools. -I can fix my own cupboard & metal frames when they come off.
Girls play dolls when they're younger and prefers beauty & fashion during teenage. -I read when I was younger and prefer boys clothing now.
Girls don't play online games, they shop. -I'm the exact opposite.
Girls are prim, proper & graceful. -I'm scruffy, rough & have more scars & bruises than my bro.

I have every intention of breaking ALL The Girls Can't/ Don't & Won't Rules, except for those that will go against my principle & morale.

And nothing can stop me because I'm not afraid of being abnormal!