十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Release Log Book/ Manga Help

I've been helping out at SMD while Sonya's busy with moving to Cornell, hence the release log book. (FYI: first title is what I see/ observe around me, second is the real one.)

I now check the updates at various scanlator's sites, jot them down into my log book and determine the release dates by the policy they have stated.
I'm only updating titles from:

  1. Aerandria
  2. Condensation
  3. Da Gurlz Translations a.k.a DGT
  4. En.tro.py
  5. Esthetique
  6. J-Sis
  7. KawaiiLovelyScans
  8. Korean Manwha
  9. MegKF
  10. Nagareboshi
  11. Ochibichan
  12. Perfect Illusions
  13. Serenus Dreamers
  14. Starry Heaven
  15. Vampire Knight Scans
  16. Wingtip Cafe


And, I'm not doing those from:
  1. Shoujo Manga Maniac
  2. Intercross
  3. Aka Rose Tenshi
  4. RC-Scans
  5. Operation Boredom
  6. Aku Tenshi
These scanslators require people to...well, participate in forum chats. I don't have time to keep updating posts just to download the releases from them, since they've now implemented to post at least 5-10 before giving a password to access their releases.
The only forum based releases that I'm doing for now is Nagareboshi & KawaiiLovelyScans, whom I have received permission to host in SMD.
For other releases, please refer to Sonya when she comes back, or any other admins when they're back from being m.i.a.

So if any leechers from SMD PM and asks why aren't there any updates from Intercross, Aka Tenshi or Shoujo Manga Maniac, please read the following paragraph:

Hey, I still have to go to school and I have a major exam coming in three months! So give me a break, will ya?
I even have classes to attend after school!
I have to check the sites daily, then download them into my pc (some don't allow direct links) and later have them uploaded into a file hoster. Some require me to access the Mirc to download their releases. I have very slow bandwidth so please spare me some thought.
Try being a hoster yourself before telling me it's easy, okay?

I'm not complaining about helping SMD; in fact, I love doing it!


I just don't want some whiny brat spamming my inbox with this:
Hey lucklesslyn, I haven't been seeing [insert manga title here] from [insert either one of the six scanslators I'm not updating on] for quite some time. Do you mind updating it? I'm dying to know if [insert main female character] ended up with [insert main male character]!
If I'm in a nice mood, I'll give you a site to where I download all my other manga; if you have me in a bad mood, I'd just ignore you. Spam me again and I'll officially block your further private messages!

Also, I've tried being a translator. Believe me, it's not as easy as it seems.
I've worked for Entropy for volume 09 of Love Catalog during last year's long holiday. I had to translate 4 chapters and it took me 2 days just to finish 1 chapter!
No, it wasn't in Japanese, it was in Chinese. I can only identify some Japanese words, if it's written in Kanji.
I'm no longer in the team right now for obvious reasons (exams). I'll reconsider to rejoining them, if they still need a Chinese translator and if I don't get myself a job during the holidays nor do I get selected for National Service.

After that stint, I now appreciate the works of the scanslation team more than ever.

Hmm, I need to go watch some tv. I'm terribly bored.
And I don't think anyone would know what the hell I'm talking about, unless he/she is very familiar with the manga world. Or else, they'd be asking:

WHAT THE HELL IS MANGA?!?! Are you talking about mango?

(trivia: For those who don't know the Malay language, manga is the name for mango. hehe...)