十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mangosteens/ Oh CRAP, I kena NS.

There is a tissue box with mangosteens as the background.

OH CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
Yeah, it's true! I got selected to join National Service/ NS.
And yes, it is NOT a privilege to be selected. It's gonna be downright hell, for 3 MONTHS!


I'll tell you how the ordeal (yes, ordeal!) came to be:

As I walked up the stairs to my class, I heard a really huge sobbing sound. It was Aqillah. She was crying 'cause she was selected. She didn't expect it, so it's understandable that she was shocked by the news and couldn't accept it. And it's also normal to be overwhelmed and cry.
(Here's to the un-emo and insensitive person in the class! You know who I'm talking about!)

Later, Sook Ting came into the class and was checking for a few people through texting. Amirah was the first one and she didn't get it. I was next.

I already had a sense of an impending doom as I keyed in my I.C number, my gut was going haywire when I pressed the send button. I gave the phone back to Sook Ting and waited for the death bells to ring.

They did


My mind was wandering when Sook Ting's voice snapped me back to Earth, and subsequently kicked me into the hell hole formed a centimeter from where I was.
Sook Ting:" Hey yiling, you kena."
Me:" Oh crap!"

These were the executioner's decree.
Taniah! Anda [my I.C no.]-[my name] telah dipilih untuk menyertai PLKN (Program Latihan Khidmat Negara) siri 6/2008.

It basically translates to this:
Congratulations! You [I.C no.]-[name] are chosen to join the National Service, batch 6/2008.
There's nothing to congratulate on, you idiots!

My world was crumbling at my feet.


I knew that the odds of me getting selected was quite high, since the theory that there's sure to be one in each family. I was holding out that my brother would be the one to get it, no matter how small that chance was.
Alas, the Fates decided that I was to be sacrificed.


I took the news with a straight and indifferent face, but it was an emotional turmoil inside.
My plans for the 3 months were dashed;
I couldn't go back to translating
I couldn't get my license until later
I couldn't get a part time job to buy more manga
I couldn't spend my time sleeping without having my mom to bug me to wake up
I couldn't spend my time however I want it for that 3 months
I couldn't have the house all to myself when the two monkeys are in school...
So what if they're giving an allowance of 300?!? I could earn more with my part time!

Thanks a lot, stupid!


Sure, there are a lot of benefits going to the program...But read my lips:

I can live without it!

If you're trying to instill more discipline and patriotism in me, let me tell you something:

I will not be more discipline than I already am!
I will not be more patriotic that I already am!
Heck, I'm not even born in this country, and I don't like it too, so why the hell me?


Yes, I am very stubborn and you can try making me comply to you. The harder you are on me, the harder I shall retaliate.


Since it's inevitable, I'll make the most of it and try to get the first batch. I don't want this to go messing with my college studies. The government does not own my life, nor did I sell it to them. And if I do die (yes, there were deaths), I'll make sure that nobody shall ever get into this program ever again. Not to mention the lawsuit by my parents.

Enough about the bad stuff. It's not like my ranting can make a change; unless I develop a certain illness that gets me exempted from it, which is entirely far-fetched.

I'm going to Hong Kong tomorrow!


Dad's been really stressed so we're taking a early holiday. We'll be staying somewhere close to Mongkut and Kowloon.
I'll be visiting some of my relatives in Hong Kong capital and my great-granduncle will be taking us to Sing Zen in Mainland China to visit the ancestral home (which according to my dad, is only left with one pillar!).


There's a whole lot of eating involved (which I think would be torturous for Jon if I were to talk to him about it; on the other hand, Cassie loves it! XD) and not to forget my dad's quest to eat the smelliest toufoo or chao dao fu in Cantonese.

The flight is at 7 in the morning and we'll be flying by AirAsia. It's my first time flying by that airline (dad's a frequent flyer to East Malaysia for work) and I'm expecting less as it's a budget airline. We wanted MAS but dad said to experience AirAsia for once.

We have to be at the airport by 5, so I'll have to wake up at 4 to get ready!


Ah crap, I forgot to pack my toiletries!

I'm off to bed now~

PS: Noticed a lot of reds? Yeah, I'm THAT pissed.