十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Breaking Dawn/ Tech Savvy

I'm still reading Breaking Dawn which I borrowed from Cass. It's not as bad as others put it, but that's just my opinion.
I'll still buy the book when I can, just for the novelty of it.


Anyways, it's Malaysia's Independence Day today!
Ah...I don't really care. Actually, I'm feeling pretty indifferent now.


As you can see in my blog, I've added something new. Yes, the links to the outside world.
Yes, the pictures are clickable and they'll bring you to whereever I want the link to go.
I figured out how to do it in just five minutes.


If you have seen my other blog- Her Life- My Fiction, you would have noticed that I put a F.A.Q link there. Yes, it'll bring you to a F.A.Q page! Why did I do that? Well, go read to find out!

Honestly speaking, I was never tech savvy.
Believe me, I've come a long way to get to this level and I've got further to go. I'm still trying to figure out how to have a background music playing in my blog without a visible player. I've seen websites do it and am still working on it.

I guess it was in Facebook that I started to learn HTML. I wanted my notes to be fun to look at, with all the big, bold and small words.
It's not that hard, actually. But I can't say it's the same for a professional compared to an amateur like me.
At first, I learnt how to bold words.
Then, how to make them italic.
Then, how to strikethrough.
Then, to hyperlink to a site. (Try clicking on the word hyperlink and see what happens.)
I was then off to numbering, bulleting , enlarging and minimizing words, underlining, blockquoting, encoding, hiding and a whole lot more.
I don't use encoding or hiding in my blog, but I do in forums. That's to get people to post something in the forums to be able to see what I've got hidden inside, usually links to download. Want an example? Head on over to Shoujo Manga Downloads (just follow the link at my links section) and see for yourself. At the forums, just click on the New Releases section and see the hidden message first hand!

I'm sure when you wanted to bold something, you'd press the 'b' on your compose post toolbar using your mouse and when you want to underline something, you couldn't.
I can do all that without my fingers leaving the keyboard or reaching for the mouse.
Kinda sound like I'm bragging right now, eh? Haha...


One thing though, I still have to move my mouse to color my text as I'm not sure of the RBG number of colours nor can I align my text yet. I will soon enough.


Of course, my blog didn't look like this at first. It started out in minima black. I wanted to put a background picture like the one I have now but I couldn't. So, I sought out help from Crystal, a friend of my brother's; she's in APIIT now and her blog is left to collect cyber dust. She told me to revert the whole thing back to classic template so that I can insert a blogskin found in Blogskin (yes, another clickable link).

I did messed around with the CSS code of the template, adding and subtracting digits and words to see how it turned out. At one point, my whole blog was deformed and I was lucky to have a back-up template saved up.
No matter how much I messed, I was still unsatisfied with how my blog was. I still wanted to have my own picture for header and background. So, I researched on how to do it.

I found my solution after five hours of non-stop searching. And when I found out how to do it, it was a relief. Though, frustration should be the mood, as I only needed to type a few words to get it up. But it was worth it. Now I can put any background I want.


I still wasn't satisfied. I didn't like the words blocking the header. Then, I saw Jess's and Lily's blog. They used Photoshop.
I borrowed the disc from Jess the very next day and was playing around with the tools inside. I didn't know how to use it properly, so I looked for guides.
Thank you igotangsinmypants for your wonderful step-by-step tutorial.
With his/her tutorial, I created two signatures, one banner, one avatar and three Polaroids.
The header above was my 8th creation.
The header in my fiction blog was my 15th while the background 16th.
If I could, I hope to learn how to create blogskins. It'll be so awesome to be able to do that!
Then, the next step would be animated siggys (signatures) , animated avatars (or GIFs) , how to make the title bar disappear like Ryan Chong's blog and last, how to make your links blink, strike through (and unstrike through) as your cursor rolls over.

By then, I'd ask my dad to help with the funding of a server and create my very own website!


Well, what is my whole point of talking about this?
It's to say, tech savvy-ness isn't a gift. You have to spend time and energy on it; and even if you can't get it the first time, do it again, till you get it.
I wish I could say the same for my school subjects; I usually cave in the first time I stall.


I'd best get to sleep now. A new day awaits me!