十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Scissors/ Of Manglish and Chinglish

I'm not done wrapping my books yet.

I've been to the mall twice this week, once was at Ikea/Ikano/ The Curve yesterday and 1U today.
And in these two days, I've spent 70% of my allowance (plus dad's subsidies) on books, or rather, manga.

I've gotten the first two volumes of Ouran, 1st and 8th volume of Tsuki no Shippo, 5th and 6th of Skip Beat! and 1st volume of I Wish.
And I don't mind being close to broke either.


Today's topic will be short, since I'm just killing time till Reaper to start at 10. I've got 6 minutes.

Manglish and Chinglish, ever heard of it?

Manglish or Mangled English is the English spoken in Malaysia.
It's hilarious when someone speaks Manglish.
For example:

You see, so damn chunted lah wei!
In proper English, it would be:
Did you see that? It was so cool!
I'm not saying that I have the rights to correct others nor that I'm well versed in English; that's for you to decide. Mind you, I too speak that way when I'm among friends. Well, only among friends who speak like that; as they say: When in Rome, do what the Romans do.

Terms like: (Manglish will be in mint green while The proper English is in ice blue)
What lah, kacau me now for wat?
What? Why are you bothering me?
Don't bother me can or not? I'm busy now lah
Can't you not bother me? I'm busy now!
Walao eh, damn chunted!
Wow, so cool!
This phone cacated one, where can use?
This phone is faulty. I can't use this.
And then there's Chinglish or Chinese English,like: (same as above, Chinglish in mint green, English in ice blue)

Eh, you don't so sampat can or not?
Can you not be such a busybody?
Wait for a while, I coming now.
Hold on, I'm coming.
Aiyah, pain a little bit can die meh?
It's just a little pain, you don't need to make a fuss out of it.
Eh chinapek, you diam abit can or not?
Hey (well, chinapek means old Chinese guy, but it's used to diss people, particularly guys), can you be quiet?

Most famous quote from a primary friend in front of a bunch of guys, referring to me:
This girl ah, very geng one. She can scold like a lion mother and beat you until kau kau. So don't qi fu her, you know?
This girl is very fierce and can beat you up, so don't bully her; understand?
I LoL'ed at each and every one of the examples above.

Well, this is how the Malaysian people speak, so does the Singaporeans. Gurmit Singh has done his job of teaching people how to speak Singlish while portraying the famous Phua Chu Kang.

So the next time you meet a Malaysian, you might want to learn a lil bit of Manglish; 'cause chances are, you might not understand half of what they're saying, especially teenagers!