十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Monday, July 28, 2008

My Starbucks Calendar/ Trend-avoiding

The first thing I spotted as soon as I sat down was my Starbucks Calendar that I got from Taiwan 2 years ago.

No, this isn't mine cause I was too lazy to take a picture of it. And because I don't want anyone to see my messy desk!

If I'm ever going to Taiwan again, I'm gonna spend on those frozen frappucinos sold at 7-Eleven (they're well-stocked and has almost anything edible you can think of!) and buy myself another two pairs of Converse sneakers!
When I bought my pair of sneakers, it was only MYR96. Yeah, you heard me! 96!! It costs a hell lot more if I buy 'em here! Furthermore, it only came to the stores 3 months after I got mine!

MALAYSIA IS SO FASHION-BACKWARDS!

I mean, by the time the trends reach here, the rest of the world is already on another track.
What do I care, I don't give a damn about trends.
So as long as hoodies, cargoes, Bermudas, jeans and printed T-shirts exist, I'm happy. I'm happiest in guy clothing. The big, the baggy and the comfortable.


Again, this picture isn't mine. My laces are light blue, for unknown reasons.
I can't really take a picture cause it's already late and the doors are locked.
And, only did I know a few seconds ago that these are called Chucks!

I spotted something that I like, very much.

These are Vans! It comes in two of my favorite colors, purple & black!
*Drools*
There's a Vans outlet in Taiwan. It's next on my list of things to get!
Forget about flats, straps, stilettos, wedges & all those heels! Sneakers & sport shoes are definitely the way to walk, jump, skip and a whole lot of other stuff without hurting yourself.
Imagine you walking on heels and slipping on a banana skin...Nasty.

You know what else to forget? Following the sheep herd!
Forget about what's hot & what's not! Who are they to decide what you should or should not wear! Are you gonna wear grey jumpsuits if they told you that it's the current IN?

If you said yes, I'm calling you a MORON!

You have free will, EXERCISE it, you over-dressed, over-accessorized idiot!
Trends come and go, but style is forever.
Simplicity is sometimes the best.
Learn & understand these two statements & practice them. Tendency to overspend your measly (I know mine is) allowance/budget would be a hell lot less. You'd save your parental units on overspending too.
Most of my allowance is splurged onto books/ graphic novels, but that's another story.

Hmm...You must be thinking:
What the hell is this idiot talking about?
What does she know about fashion? I bet she looks something that crawled out of a dump site! Isn't she contradicting herself, since the description of her choice of clothing is punk/ grunge/ emo/ etc...

News flash.
I NEVER said that I dressed like a punk. That's just plain stereotyping!
I dress comfortable. Hence, BIG, BAGGY, COMFORTABLE!
With big shirts & baggy pants, I have a whole lot of freedom moving; and I can sit however I want to without someone asking me to close my legs!
I can run, jump, slide, crawl, roll & more without worrying that others will see my knickers or my panties. Get it?

So, the next time you spot something on the catwalk, find it and have the desire to own it, think about your salary & budget. Then think about your credit card bill. Next, think about how you'd have to pay the bill.

There, was it so hard to put that mink coat which costs half of your salary back at the rack and walk out?

Note: The author of this blog is a 17-year-old who knows a lot of brand-conscious schoolmates. She's trying to tell those overspending freaks that you can even get a really cool shirt/ dress/ jeans/ etc from a bargain bin or night market, and that trends only last as long as nail varnish on your nails.
Also, she feels that people are losing their individuality and self identity due to imitations of the life & personalities of movie stars like Hannah Montana & High School Musical (which she loathes).
But people who knows her have always wondered, why can't she just be normal and not think about all these stuff?
Nobody knows, not even herself.