十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Heat Wave

It's so hot these days.
I think I can even fry an egg on a piece of rock lying outside.
Usually, I'm not one to complain about the weather being hot but the temperature these days are ridiculous.
I can only wonder how those living in the desert can cope with the heat.

She feels like a turkey baking in the oven.

It's true that I'm not one to complain about the heat; try asking the two monkeys.
Most of the time, they'd be hopping about screaming and screeching about how hot it was but I feel fine.
I know I used to sleep with my blanket on even when there's a blackout.
Yeah, I'm cold-blooded.
While I'm sitting in my room, I feel as if I'm a bun in the steamer.
Mainly because my room is on the second floor and that heat rises up instead of staying down.
I think everyone except for me is in the TV room with the air-conditioning switched on.
あぁー本当わ暑いです!
I feel like Boris during Summer.

On another subject, I just settled my air ticket yesterday.
I was out almost the whole day; morning with mom and the two monkeys, noon with my mom to buy an extra inner pot for the rice cooker and then late noon with my dad to the travel agency.
He insisted that I get an aisle seat, so we were there for quite a while.
It's confirmed that I will be leaving to the airport at 12 midnight on the 17th, depart from the airport to Dubai at 2am on the 18th and probably reach Newcastle airport noontime.

And about my visa... It's due for collection.
I don't know what the decision was, and I'm hoping it's good news.
I had a rather odd dream about it yesterday night though.
It was odd because Wen Kai happened to be in it.
The airport I was in didn't look like one, it was more like a hospital instead.
I was handed a stack of letters and was instructed to give them out according to the names.
And then, it was announced that three students did not manage to get the visa; Allen, Wen Kai and I were the unlucky ones.
Then, we went out to the parking lot to look for the immigration officer to try to get him to approve our application but we couldn't find him.
I called my dad and told him the bad news and had him pick me up.
And then... I woke up.
I did tell my mom about it and she says that it's not true and that I'm over-worrying.

The other thing I'm worried about is the accommodations.
There are instances where emails get lost in mail or bounced off track.
I sent my acceptance of contract for accommodations a day before the deadline via email but have yet to receive a confirmation by the regional office.
I also wrote another email to ask if they have received it, but still no reply.
I tried calling them yesterday, only to remember that it was a state holiday.
Now, I'm afraid that I'll end up room-less like Allen.
Gah... I really am a worrywart.

On a brighter note, I managed to finish my first PSP game- 薄桜鬼-新選組奇譚.
Discounting the days I felt lazy to play it, I finished it only in three days.
Hey, I only have an average of 6 hours of gameplay each time, 7 if the batteries are charged to the max.
I don't really like the idea of plugging in the charger while playing.
Considering the length of each route and the number of characters, it's pretty quick already.
I don't think I'll do a formal review for now, but I can spoil the normal ending though.
[SPOILER ALERT! Highlight to view]

You, as 千鶴 end up following 千影 after leaving 新選組. As you approach the docks, he informs you of the death of 土方さん in battle, along with 平助君. He also informs you that 斎藤さん has DIA at another battle. You're shocked by the news and fall to the ground, clutching onto the frayed flag of the 新選組. As you gaze up to the sky, you can see 近藤さん and 土方さん walking ahead, followed by 沖田さん, 斎藤さん and 平助君, flanked by 原田さん and 永倉さん, with 山南さん and 井上さん behind. All of them in full uniform, walking into the light.
It's not exactly a story for the very girly of heart, mainly because there's always death in every route.
The characters are based on true historical characters, or in other words, they really did exist.
It was before the Meiji Restoration and the collapse of the Shogunate.
I do have the sequels to the game, but I have a feeling that they wouldn't be as sad or bittersweet as this.
I just felt that it was a pity that  沖田さん's tuberculosis will take him away regardless of him drinking the 薬 or not.

...I'm feeling really upset just thinking of it.
Now, I'm playing ウィル·オ·ウィスプ because I want to take a break from the constant leveling of ability for ワンド オブ フォーチュン.
Much to my surprise, even the sequel ~イースターの奇跡~ was included, sort of like a 2 in 1 title.
But, I fear for the normal end of ワンド オブ フォーチュン because I didn't get rid of it in the first place and now have no patience for it.

... Got to skip.
Going out for dinner and I don't want to be the last one down; I'm just too lazy to lock the gate for the stairs.