十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Wait

Oh yes, my wait has paid off.
I finally have a PSP in my possession!
Unfortunately, I hardly have it in my hands for the past 24 hours.

There's no end to the wait, is there?

It, the console, spent the better half of the day chained down to the charger and the power outlet.
As everyone knows, the initial charge for a new electronic item is around 8 hours.
I've been waiting around half a year for it, so a few more hours wouldn't hurt.
However, my siblings and their itchy hands just can't keep off it when a certain one of them put up a rather sour face and a huge fuss when my mom subtly directed my dad to the console store.

The charging was completed around 12, so I was holding my console with awe and was scrutinizing the shiny buttons.
A little messing around soon brought a halt to my initial plan to start a game; I accidentally selected 'restore default system'.
Oh crap, there goes my cracked firmware.
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm too cheap to buy UMDs but there are disadvantages to it.
I have friends who were solely on UMDs, switch to cracks just because their reader can no longer read off the faded UMDs.
I'd rather play on images than to suffer when the UMD fades or has scratches.

As I was saying, I rolled back to the original firmware and thought that I was screwed, since I'm a just-hatched ChickHen who barely knew the world of homebrews.
(nope, I didn't get the spelling wrong)
A part of me said that I should drive out to the console store in the morning and have the guy rehack it for me while another part of me said to try it on my own.
There was a risk of bricking the console and rendering it useless since it was a 3k, but as the saying goes, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
It took me 2 hours, 2 tries and endless amount of reading scantly written instructions to rehack the console. But the joy of success when the screen static-ed out and rebooted itself was worth the trouble.

Today, I only had 2 hours of playtime before I had to pick up my brother from college.
Later, the batteries ran out and it was back to the charger for the console and the bed for me.
Hey, I woke up at 9 having only slept at 4 in the morning, so a nap was allowed.

And you know what, itchy hands have yet again screwed up the crack and had it revert back to original firmware. This time, it's my dad and bro's fault.
*sigh* I'm never letting them touch the console ever again.