十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Absence: Act VII

I've finished have of my stint, another half to go.
In another four weeks, I'm finally able to go home.
And in another month after going home, I'm finally able to start college, and my Japanese classes!
I swear, if I don't start it someone better use a pico-pico hammer and smack me on the head. I must still have some of the stupid-ness left back from the stint.

-

Hmm, what should be the random topic for today...
...
...
...How about music?

Oh yeah, there's this opening I heard while watching のだめカンタービレ. It's not the opening of the anime, per se. Rather, it's the opening of a song in the show.
If possible, find amour no kuni and listen to the opening. It gives a somewhat carnival feeling, to me at least.
While I was listening to the first few stanza of the song, the notes of piano popped into my mind out of nowhere.
I'm serious.
And the song itself has no piano keys being played at all; the xylophone, celesta and the accordion are the only instrument being used.

While listening to it, I see myself standing outside of the carnival during dusk.
I could everything in slow motion; the sky had a beautiful shade of violet, sky blue and a thin streak of mint green before the pale orange and yellow.
The lights are flickering on as the sky becomes darker.
There doesn't seem to be anyone around or in the carnival, I'm all alone.
The atmosphere is circa 1920s or 1930s.

I had the dream following the night I downloaded and listened to the song.
My piano addition made it sound more like a longing and yearning for something; it's a bit melancholic and sad.
There's the feeling of waiting for something I know I can't get, but I'll still wait for it.
...Woah, where the heck did that come from?

Is that something from my subconscious?
If past lives were real, what do I have to do with the carnival and during the 1920-1930s?
And why does this piece of soundtrack remind me of this?
And what's with the sudden piano notes?
This is pretty weird.

-

Music has a pretty good influence on moods; though I have never had the above kind of experience before.
Music works best if a person is, I dunno, tuned to a particular frequency. <- Quoted from Cass.
For me, rave and techno works best when I'm using some electronic device.
It makes me feel like I'm one with the device. *cue eye-rolling*
Classical music works when I'm doing some hell-made math question.
Heavy metal, grunge and alternative rock when I'm just me.
'Bad Day' by Daniel Powter is my down-on-the-dumps / feel-good song and it will probably never change.
I don't know about you, but my moods are detectable by the music I listen to.
Most of my friends, on the other hand, have no whatsoever reaction to what they listen to.

When asked, I don't have a particular singer or band that I idolize or admire.
It's the song that speaks to me instead of the singer.
And never ask what singer or band that I listen to; my list is endless, I tell you, endless.
Thank God (and dad) my MP3 storage size is 20GB, or else I wouldn't be able to fit all my songs in there.

-

The post about music makes me miss my MP3.
*cries*
Oh well, I have only a few weeks left till I go home, ne?