十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tape Dispenser

Ok, it's another unrelated title.
The tape dispenser just happen to be in front of me and I don't have a title in mind.

Let's get to the point, shall we?
I like my template.
It looks nice, and it's pretty much up to me to edit.
I like my brain.
Even though I don't know how it works and why it's wired particularly different from others, I like it nonetheless.
I hate my genes.
Genes are what makes me...me.
I hate my college cafeteria.
I was in a rush, so I didn't grab my brown bag for lunch. I bought a cup of sweetcorn with honey in the cafeteria and now regret it.
I've been having diarrhea since 6 in the evening.

In other unrelated news, I'm thinking about doing one-man scanslating, even though I'm not a guy.
Ever wonder why it's always '-man' in suffixes? What's with the sexist words here?
...Going astray now.

Ok, one-man scanslating...Just like Omari's Sister.
But there's going to be a huge difference between her and I.
This is what I aim to do:

  1. I won't be working on recent titles.
  2. Reason: I can only read Chinese for now, I'm sorry. The only thing I can do is to translate from Chinese to English and then use Japanese raws to edit.

  3. Most of the projects I plan to work on are either one-shots, completed or not well-known.
    Reason: The reason is pretty much the same as above.

  4. I will only work on a title which has been dropped or titles that has no releases for the period of 6 months.
    Reason: I am a very peaceful person who prefers to promote non-aggression. And I also share the same philosophy as Entropy, since I'm also a staff there. I won't work on titles that are being done by other groups as to not generate bad-blood between scanslators.

  5. I will sometimes redo a title done by other groups.
    Reason: Having said the above, I will only redo a title if the following occurs:
    (a) The chapter is LQ and I managed to get a HQ scan.
    (b) The translations are so bad that it hurts my brain when I read it. - It also means that the proofreader is either nonexistent or not doing their job.
    (c) The editing and typesetting is terrible.
    -You could say that I'm a bitch about it, but that's the way I am. If you want to do something, make sure that it's somewhere close to perfect.

  6. I don't mind working on licensed titles.
    Reason: I'm not claiming that I created the title, so I didn't commit plagiarism. Neither did I steal, since I'm not charging anyone for it nor am I getting paid. Also, I'm helping the mangaka to distribute their titles. Not everyone can afford the high prices that the publishing companies have set.

  7. I will only release whenever I feel like it.
    Reason: As you can see, I am a slave of many groups; I also have a life outside of the computer and grades to worry about. Since I work for myself, I don't have a deadline. You'll get it when you get it.
I'm doing all this purely out of interest.
I like what I do, and what I'm doing.

The titles that I've decided to work on are:
- Otomen (terrible typesetting)
- Saiunkoku Monogatari v03 (not-so-good translations and editing)
- Tokyo Crazy Paradise Parts of v11-19 (terrible editing)

I will credit the original translators for their work, if I'm redoing their titles; maybe even the proofreader, if they did their job well.
The only thing left for me now is to reinstall my Photoshop to enable my hotkeys and to start cracking.

PS: If anyone stumbles upon my blog and reads this post by any chance and have a request for a title, I'd be happy to oblige with two conditions:
(a) Make sure that the title has a Chinese version.
(b) Don't harangue me about the deadlines.
Just leave your requests at the CBox on your left, along with your e-mail address so that I can contact you.