十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Back

Well, I'm back.
I was able to escape my captors and walk all the way back from the straits of Johor.
...I should cut the crap here.

Yes, I am really back.
And I had no intentions of being contactable for the past three days.
That's why I left my laptop at home.

Anyways, I had a rather nice time at Singapore, even when we were lost for two hours trying to locate the hotel and my dad's stubbornness to get a new map, saying that 'Singapore will never change.'
I'm glad that he had to eat his words.
However, our return was of a sour tone, fortunately not mine.
I won't say anything other than 'Hell hath no fury like a women's scorn'.

I went to Singapore on a quest for books.
Yes, you heard me, books.
Because of the ******* censor-board here, I can't get any of the books that I'm looking for.
From Borders to Kinokuniya, from Somerset to Orchard Road, I've walked through the crowded streets and been sandwiched in the MRT.
But alas, I've only found 4 out of the 6 that I was looking for.
Oh well, at least I have something.
And yes, most of my shopping hauls were books.
I'm happy though, being able to hold in my small hands the copy of 'Pride and Prejudice'...wait for it, '...and Zombies.'
Yes, the parody version.

I seem to have not only become an otaku this year, but Jane Austen Addict (a title of another book that I bought) too.
I love the stories like Emma, Pride and Prejudice and Mansfield Park.
I don't love Northanger Abby and Sense and Sensibility just as much though.
Whatever it is, I'm a very huge fan of most of Jane Austen's work.
Just as much as I'm a fan of Charlotte Bronte.
And I love my manga just as much as I love my classic literature.

Speaking of manga, I'll be a bit late on my translations and proofreading.
In other news, there's this rumor (I shall treat it as a rumor until sufficient evidence is put up) about MangaHelpers.
I'm still on the fence with it; but if it ever sways to any form of payment, I shall abandon it faster than you can sneeze.
Money and power are great, but you also depend on people like us to get that kind of money and power.
In short, you're basically alive because of the fans. Anger the fans and they will abandon you.
There won't be a king or a kingdom when there are no people; there won't be a site when there are no fans.