十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Think

Yes, I've been doing a lot of that lately.

With my food poisoning slowly subsiding and the frantic run to the toilet becoming more infrequent, I'm beginning to feel much better.
Though, I do have a Math test tomorrow to worry about.
Domain and range will be my new problem to tackle.

Ok, what was I about to write about, hmm...
Right!
Let me ask you, my fellow readers and those who just happened to stumble upon my blog while they were just randomly searching blogs to read, or even those who were lured in by my banner in forums with its misleading tagline"Click to check on my current mischief",

What comes to mind when I say the words 'destiny' and the quote of William Shakespear aka The Bard of Avon, "All the world's a stage and all the men and women are mere players"?
I can only imagine a few responses:
(a) You say that it has nothing to do with each other and think nothing further of it.
(b) You stare at me like I'm some sort of crazy person.
(c) You change the subject and act as if I didn't ask the question.
(d) You think that it was bad timing to have stumbled onto me when I'm asking this question and you're muttering a curse under your breath.
Don't worry, I'm used to the above-mentioned responses.

This thought of mine (which I'll write about later) came to me after watching My Sassy Girl on Sunday night.
Jordan was saying something about destiny, and somehow my weirdly wired brain linked it to a movie called 'Stranger than Fiction' which then linked me to the thought, do we actually exist?
No, I'm not a Philosophy student.

Are we real?
Do we actually exist?
Are the things around us really there?
When we see something, our eyes perceive it as it is; but if we don't, will it no longer exist?

Also, I've also been wondering about this.
Everyone is destined to do something or be someone, but are we actually going on our own paths or that we're actually the work of imagination of a higher force?
Simplified, are we the characters of a fiction and the God that we know of might be the author?
Since we humans do write stories and create characters of our own, might we ourselves be the creation from the imagination from the one we call God?

The more I think about it, the more it seems to be like a never-ending cycle.
We write stories while our stories are being written.
So if all these in some weird way turns out to be true, then can I say that I'm acting and behaving the way I am because my character was built to be like this?
Can I also say that the things happening around me are all the doings of my sadistic author who seem to enjoy to see me suffer and feel miserable?
Sounds like excuses, huh?

There's also the thought about another me in a parallel universe.
Have you ever thought about that?
And there is the time continuum theory, where time is a dimension where one can rip a hole and go back to whenever they want, given that they have enough power to rip that hole.
I see time as a very...what's that word...very...
...I don't even know a word to describe it.
As time flows by in our perspective, we are repeating what we're doing.
Sorta like history repeating itself.

How should I put it...
Let's say you're brushing your teeth at 11 before going to bed on 29/07/2009.
On 15/12/2015, you'd still be brushing your teeth at 11 on 29/07/2009.
And on 29/12/2115, you'd still be brushing your teeth at 11 on 29/07/2009!
I know it sounds confusing or downright illogical, but think about it.
What you did at 11 on 29/07/2009 is carried forth to your future.

Even more confused?
Then let time be a reel of film.
In a movie, you have the beginning, the progression of the story, the climax and the conclusion.
Let's just take the progression part of the film.
Your conclusion is based on the choices by the character during the story progression, yes?
Then substitute time into that equation.
Your outcome is the effect of your choices and it is maintained by the constant replaying of that choice.
The world that we live in right now is a constant replay of events that happened and are happening.
Understand now?

It's quite hard to explain this, unless you see me personally.
Then I might have something to debate about.

And note this, I'm not a Philosophy student, nor do I have any knowledge about Philosophy other than it being the study of fundamental nature of knowledge, reality and existence.
I'm only some 18-year-old college freshman with a weirdly wired brain (as told by some of my teachers and friends) that could link up unrelated things and sometimes think too deep to the point of being extreme.