十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Absence: Intermission

Hey there.
This is a real time post, believe me.
I'm allowed back home for three days in celebration for 'Ching Ming'. I got home at 11 in the morning yesterday.
I'll be DRAGGED back to the camp before 5 in the evening tomorrow.

See how I emphasized on the word DRAGGED?
It's official, I DO NOT and DID NOT have a fun time there.
LOUSY and MISERABLE are UNDERSTATEMENTS for the time period that I was there.
I'll probably be randomly flaming everything, so beware that you don't catch fire.

First off, we're separated into companies: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta; I'm in Charlie.
We, the girls, are placed to live on top of the hill while the guys are below in a valley.
Guys and girls are separated at all times to prevent couplings and other unwanted stuff.
The dorms are terrible, especially mine.
We of Charlie 1 a.k.a C1 are almost always plagued by monkeys. Yes, you heard right, MONKEYS.
They are always seen on top of the garbage bin rummaging for food.
If you're unlucky, they'll be sleeping on your bed when you walk into the dorm after lunch or classes.
So, you'll have monkey fur, leaves, dirt and probably even lice on your bed sheet.
The beds are hard and lumpy.
The bed sheets are dirty.

Next, is the bathrooms.
There are only five showers and there is absolutely no hot water.
You better hope that no one is washing their clothes outside while you're in the shower.
Chances are, the water will suddenly stop flowing and you're left naked, cold and shivering in there.

The food is absolutely terrible and the water smells funny.
The fish are almost always burnt or spoilt and some of the vegetables tastes bitter.
The fruits are sometimes not fresh and the yellow noodles has a really pungent chemical smell.
I swore never to eat breakfast if I could help it; I'd rather eat the biscuits that I can get my parents to bring.
When I came home, most of the people said that I lost a lot of weight; which isn't surprising, considering that I have to climb hills everyday to get back to the dorms, I'm still sick and the food is terrible.

The trainers have no mercy.
I was forced to march even when I had fever.
Even if I did raise my hand and said that I was unwell, they'd give us the long lecture about pretending to be sick to skip the sessions.
Come on, I'M REALLY SICK!
WHO THE HELL WANTS TO BE SICK?!?! I DON'T!
I've been sick ever since two weeks ago.
I had sore throat for a few days.
Then I had fever; my temperature spiked up as I was marching and I almost fainted.
Then I had a cold, which I still have...
And now, I have a really bad cough to add to the list of sickness.
So, you expect that there's the doctor there?
YOU WISH
All they ask you to do is list down all your aches and pains and they'll issue you some medicine!
THAT'S IT!

If you think that this is fun, I think that you're INSANE!
When my dad came to pick me up yesterday, I felt like I was walking out of the prison and into the free world.
Believe it or not, I'm actually striking down the days I have left in that HELLHOLE!
I have exactly 32 days / 5 weeks / 1 month till I leave for good.
Why and how?
I just received the Letter of Offer from the college I applied for.
I saw the opportunity to get out of the hellhole with my entering to the May intake. My classes are commencing on the 18th of May and I'll be leaving on the 11th.
But...since the camp has the semester holidays which starts on the 9th to the 11th, I'll take that time to leave for good.
I'll return to the camp on the 13th of May to submit my leave and get my cert which states that I have finished my stint.
Then, I won't have to be dragged back at all.

Sure, I do love the unarmed combat class but there are plenty of classes which I don't like.
The Character Building class has just ended, so the next class on the list is some boring patriotic one.
I don't like the instructors who are sometimes biased and I hate the life there.
On the positive side, I've lost some weight and am tougher.
I think I'm able to survive the harsher conditions compared to the people who aren't selected to join this stint.
I have the comfort to know that I was one of the only few who knew how to iron and wash my clothes by hand. There were plenty of my dorm mates who don't.

So, what's my stand on this stint?
There are pros and cons, but the cons outweighs the pros.

I really do hope that the days will fly by real fast.