十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Eat This

Hmm, I guess I was wrong.
Looks like I've got to work a little harder... At playing more games.

Looks like you're confused? Click here to let her set things straight

Yeah... Apparently, I didn't see the yellow text box on the upper right corner which reads "2010年秋発売予定", which means "Expected to release in Fall 2010".
If you're wondering, this is referring to おもちゃ箱の国のアリス.

I don't think I would've gotten this far in Japanese if it wasn't for games, or dramas.
See, playing games and watching tv dramas are educational, in a way.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere if it wasn't for my mom sending me to a Chinese school.
I mean, if I didn't spend six years in hell a.k.a SJK (C) XXXX (no. of X's does not represent the total number of letters in the name of my primary / elementary school), I wouldn't have the basics of kanji to learn Japanese.


I wouldn't say primary school wasn't hell if it really wasn't.
I used to lament and grumble to my mom about the decision to sending me to a Chinese language school when none of them (including my dad) knew a word of it.
And because I am the eldest, I have to experience everything firsthand without any guidance (which is still happening right now).
Homework was particularly hard... Which is pretty much explained in the second line.
What made it worse was that I was in one of those express classes, when homework tends to be handed out in tonnes and crates rather than in pages.
First year / Std. One was the hardest because I was in the first class.

Then how did I get there when my Mandarin was horrible? 
[Answer: The IQ test all the students had to take so that they could assign you to the classes.]
The bullying was... Horrible.
I used to be called a 'banana' just because I'm from an English speaking family and was totally horrible in Mandarin.
Then, there was the laughing whenever I mispronounced / misread some of the words when we were required to read aloud in class.

It worked out pretty well in the later years, I guess.
I maintained my position in the express classes; only spending a year in the third class and the remaining four in the second.
Secondary school wasn't as hard as it was thought to be either, since Maths and Science were taught in English.

Now, I don't really regret their decision.
I don't regret their decision to have me take English classes at a tender age of 5 either.
...Apparently, I used to complain and rant a whole lot about it, too.

So to whomever who laughed at me and teased me for being a 'banana', eat this.
Bets are, you're speaking / typing / writing in broken English and having trouble understanding stuff in college, since the medium of instruction is the very language you teased me of being better at.
Who is having the last laugh now, eh?

[I know it's cruel to tease, but it's payback time for the bullying I had to endure.]