十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

UK

Yup, I'm already here.
And there were a few hiccups prior to me getting here but that's not the point of today's post.

Lookie here, she's saying hello from UK!

Well, I'll say it anyways.
It started with my other luggage being overweight by a stammering 21kilos.
Yup, you heard me right.
Why? Mainly because I was under the impression that I was allowed 40 kilos.
Anyways, my sis had to wheel the other luggage home, along with my toiletry and winter outerwear.
But that didn't really ruin everything though.
I met a new friend at the boarding gate; two in fact.
Unfortunately, we had to part as soon as we met because even though they were going on the same flight to Dubai as I am, they were heading to London instead while I will be off to Newcastle.
You must be thinking, what about during the flight there?
My seat was at the 20s while they were at the 40s.
We parted without even getting a chance to exchange email addresses.
Did I mention that they were both doing a degree in law?

So, it was another 6+ hours from MS to Dubai.
The flight was ok and thank goodness for aisle seats.
The elderly couple sitting beside me didn't really understand English, which meant no conversation.
Besides, what conversation you expect yourself to have at 2 am in the morning, huh?
Dubai International Airport wasn't as beautiful as I pictured it.
The only thing that was eye-catching was the amount of branded items they have for sale.
I didn't bother much about it and just kept on my way to the boarding room of my connecting flight to Newcastle.

The flight to Newcastle was spent sitting next to a finance student from Beijing who thought that I wasn't Chinese and a couple with a cute toddler.
She's heading to the University of Newcastle while I'm off to UoS.
The time spent on a baggage claims was rather long; I had feared that my bag was still in Dubai.
The time spent on waiting for the coach ride to the residences was even longer because there were still students coming in from other flights.
Also, I was among the last batch to reach the residences.
By the time I checked in and got my keys, all the stores were already closed.
So, I went knocking on the door of my friends.
It was also a coincidence that they just reached home from shopping.
I borrowed a shower gel from Erin and was happy to finally be able to take a warm shower.

I knew that my family must be waiting for my call, so I decided against going for a shower and took to taking out my laptop and make a video call.
What I didn't know was the trouble it took me just to connect to the university network.
I was first rejected, then quarantined and finally, I had to download something to check my laptop specification before they removed me from quarantine.
True to the word, they were really waiting for my call; dad being worried that I had gone missing or had followed someone or that I had missed my flight.
Really, would I really be that irresponsible to miss my own flight?
We did talk for a while before mom said that I should take my bath before they switch off the heating, which would be at 9.

Now, I'm left to unpack and spread my bedsheet.
But I'm so tired that I would just want to dump everything and go sleep.
I can't fully unpack because I don't have any hangers.
Oh well, time to go shop tomorrow.

PS: I'll most probably take on the idea of eating cornflakes for a week or two.