十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Absence: Act 'null', The Prologue

...will be the start of my rants and randomness for the following months that I'm away.
Actually, I did Absence: Act I before this post but decided to throw in a 'null' act as a prologue, since I do have an epilogue.
I can't put a zero because "0" doesn't exist in Roman Numerals; hence, the 'null' title.

I'm going to be away for the next three months; from this date to the 9th of June.
I'm going to be sent to a camp to do some training against my will.
The posts of following weeks, including this one, are all pre-written.
By the time this post is published, I'll already be in the camp.
I left around 7 hours ago.

So in this post, I'm gonna tell you how I got myself into this mess.
Sit back, relax and enjoy whatever I'm about to say, ne?

********************************************************************

It all started with me being born, then my brother.
And then my parents' decision to move back here.
If they didn't, my brother would be the one going in another country instead of me.
So because my dad didn't want to put my brother through that kind of hell, we came back.

Flash forward 17 years later.
The country's government suddenly decides to adopt this concept of training from the neighboring country, the one that I was born in.
Students at the age of 17 are randomly selected to join.
The thing which makes this country different from the other is, girls are in on it too.

It was during midterms of 2008 that I found out.
My friend helped me check by messaging in my identification number.
I had the feeling of impending doom while the seconds ticked by till her phone rang again.
They (the responding server) even had the nerve to congratulate me for being selected.
I don't see it as an honor like most people do; to me, it's more of a curse.
Now, instead of my brother going, I'm the one who has to go.

Initially, I was supposed to be in the 3rd batch.
But that meant that I had to waste a year of my life without going to college, and I wasn't about to let that happen.
I tried sending in an appeal of transfer to 1st batch. They rejected it.
Then, I had my aunt accompany me downtown to the headquarters and send in my appeal letter for the 2nd batch.
If this were to fail, I'd deffer it as long as I could.
Luckily, it didn't.
So, I'm bound and dragged off to camp on this day.

On a happier note, I got into the camp I wanted instead of being thrown to another state.
It's near my old neighborhood and I've camped at the place before.
A friend of mine has returned saying that she had fun there. But I'm not sure if it'll apply to me.

While you're reading this, I'd probably be listening to some character building lecture or doing some march or even crawling on the mud.

Well then, see you next week.
I'll leave you to wonder what random stuff I'll be posting up.