十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Classical Music

...is really stimulating when you are doing tough math questions or trying to learn a new language.

I've not been using much of my brain since the exams were over.
And playing Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhurst doesn't count.
So after two months of underusing my brain, I decided to take up a language.
Yup, a language.
...No kidding.
Anyways, it's not Japanese; I need to go to the school for that.
I'm learning Korean and the language school that I found doesn't have it as an option.

So, how much is it for a private tutor?
Well, it's free of charge; and it's not my relative who's teaching me.
Besides, I would be quite surprised if they knew more than 2 / 3 languages (not including ethnic dialect).
It's true and I'm not putting them down or anything; their English is veli ho-ri-ji-bel (taken from my aunt).
Then?
Duh, I'm learning it on my own. What is free of charge in this world, excluding the air we breathe.
...I'm not even sure about that statement.

Since I went to Korea for vacation last year, I have a Korean dictionary and a phrasebook.
...Which wasn't even used at all.
Like any dictionary, they have the introduction. And if anyone would take the time to read it, then we wouldn't have so many morons that doesn't know how to use a dictionary or what 'abbrev' means.

When people say that when you learn Chinese then it's easier for you to take up Japanese or Korean, it's partially true.
You have to memorise the characters; just like Chinese.
But one thing for sure, don't expect it to be exactly like Chinese.
The characters are different (duh) and one word may not even mean that it's only one sound.
Confused?
Simplified...It's kinda like spelling; like the spelling we use in any other language. And instead of alphabets, it's hangul.
They have the basic consonant, just like English, and vowels too. But they have the additional compound consonants (like 'pp', 'tt', 'kk', and 'ss') and compound vowels ('yeo', 'eo', 'ui', etc).

I've gotten the basic consonants, compound consonants and the half of the vowels done. That alone, I can translate most of the words I see into romanized Korean.
But the thing is, I have no idea what they mean...yet.
And, I was quite confused with one of the characters, 'ch'. The dictionary was different from the phrasebook.
Since I don't have a Korean word processor, I concluded that both characters could be used. I even saw the same character in two of my other sources- the Korean version of Goong and MapleStory I bought at a whim last year.
See, who said that the things I buy are useless?
And if I do meet a Korean, I'll ask to clear the confusion and how to get myself a Korean word processor.

I'm going to continue my learning after I finish cataloging 花より団子.
Even though I've zipped up the file some time ago, I'm not quite satisfied with the way I renamed the pages.
And since I've not burnt it into discs yet, I'll rename it with my renamer.
Another 15 more volumes to go...