十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Living Life

I've got to hand it to Rob, he's so awesome! He's so awesome that I might steal away his Ibanez electric guitar when he comes the next time.
*hehe*

Living life... I don't even know why I typed that.
Oh yeah, I remember!
I bought four manga today at Borders! Yay!
It's Skip Beat! v07-08 and La Corda d'Oro v03-04.
And that's where I got the idea for today's post.

Mom wanted to go to Tesco's for her monthly grocery shopping, so I tagged along (since I couldn't bare to be cooped up at home any longer; I've not been anywhere but to tuition for the past month!). I was due for my visit to Borders anyways.

After brunch, mom and I separated (we were having brunch at Tesco's); she went up the escalator while I walked over to the Curve. I've been here so often that I know it like the back of my hand, at least the first floor, that is. I've never wandered further than the second floor, which was were a murder happened when it first opened.

Enough about the dark history, I shan't let this favourite place of mine be tainted!
Anyways, I walked over to Borders and found some office guys sitting at Starbucks (it's a joint venture of Borders, I think) and tapping away on their laptops. As much as I like the Mocha and Java Chip Frappacinos, I don't think I could afford to have a 14 buck ice blended coffee every freaking day. I mean, I could have tall, but what's the point? It's only 4 oz less than grande and 8 from venti; the price from grande to venti is only one buck in difference. Might as well have venti.
Besides, I think bro's also hooked onto it. *aha-ha*
It was only half a year ago that he complained that I was drinking overpriced coffee. But when he tried the iced mocha (which I bought), he couldn't say more. Now, he's stopping by at the Starbucks outlet near the tuition centre to get his mocha fix!

I think I've gone off topic...
Okay. So, I went into Borders and found it really quiet, just the way I like it.
I walked over to the graphic novels / manga section and started browsing the section, shelf by shelf, debating which title I would get for this month. I started scanning for the titles that I wanted to get in future. So far, I've found 100% Perfect Girl, Bride of the Water God, Angel Diary and Goong. This means, I don't need to go to downtown KL and be stuck in the massive traffic jam to get to KLCC, then go up four floors to reach Kinokuniya and wander around aimlessly as I get distracted from my original objective by the humongous amounts of books there.

I've been to Kinokuniya with my grandaunt three years ago and it was like dream come true to me! I've always wanted to get myself lost in a huge bookstore or be left alone in a huge library. Well, part of that dream came true; next would be getting locked for the night in the Library of Congress in the States.

Again, I've strayed off... *sigh*
I was browsing through the racks and stopped at the last half shelf. There was a bench, conviniently placed there for people to sit and browse through titles before making up their mind or for people to spend their entire time there reading the manga when they couldn't afford to buy it but was curious to how it ends.

There I saw an old lady, around 70-ish.
You must be wondering, why am I talking about an old lady anyways. Old people are not interesting; they're just like giant babies (a comment from a friend who's a jerk sometimes, just cause he hates his grandparents).
What's interesting about her is that she was holding a shoujo title, Hana Kimi.

I've read that title before, loved it but found no point to buying it. Even though it's by Viz Media, it isn't under Shoujo Beat. It's more expensive, like 34.90 compared to 30.90 under Shoujo Beat. Maybe I will, when dad increases my allowance.
An old lady reading shoujo title? Shouldn't she go for a more mature title, under the josei demographic perhaps?
I walked closer to the shelf and observed her at a distance. I could hear her quietly chuckling at something, I wondered if it's one of Shuichi's antics.

This made me realize something.
This old lady is enjoying something that she couldn't when she was my age. When she was 17, she was probably hiding somewhere in fear of the very soldiers where the comic originated from - Japan, while I could waltz in and out without any fears (well, there are snatch thieves and other unthinkables, but not as bad as merciless soldiers who hated our guts).

I've always lamented that my life was way too peaceful and too dull; I've even complained it to my mom. She said that many would kill for the kind of life I have; living in a comfortable home, given a chance to drive at a young age, going overseas for family vacations, don't need to fight with siblings for the use of the computer, being able to buy anything I want (partially true, I have to save it though) and having no need to worry about the next meal.

It takes an old lady reading shoujo manga to make me realize that I should start living life instead of hoping for fantasy to take place. I only get one shot at this, only one shot of thinking, breathing and being me. Who knows what happens when we die; there might be a chance of reincarnation, but I wouldn't think, feel, act, behave like me, I wouldn't be me.

So, cast off all uncertanties and live life without regrets. If a mistake is made, keep moving forward, mistakes are what makes us who we are.

A quote from Walt Disney

Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

I think I've been quoting a lot recently. ^o^