十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Otome Gaming

So yeah...
I've pretty much been MIA from this blog of mine since... The last time I've posted.
I've got no excuses, since I'm on summer break and all, right?

She's so screwed for not thinking up of any excuses to get herself out of trouble


Well...
Good news is, I passed my first year without a hitch, even my Japanese.

What else am I going to write about...?
The bad news?
Ok, as you can see that this blog of mine has been a little dead lately.
I used to think of how I would write about life in university and when I discovered 乙女ゲーム that I'd reviewing and spoiling it.
What I didn't take into account was how much time it would take and how busy my course actually is (9-5, 5 days a week) and the fact that most of my weekends are either spent in the library researching or preparing for the week ahead.
I guess it just wasn't as easy nor carefree as I'd pictured it to be.

I can't say that I'm the most experienced in the 乙女ゲーム world with my ever expanding list of games because I don't go near the R-18 stuff even though I'm legally able to; the only R-18 I've played was Love Drops and I practically muted the whole thing and forced skipped the whole story just to get to the end.
I don't do BL either even when I have nothing against homosexuality.
I don't think any one of the bloggers that review the games can say that they're the best to go for either.
Hinano doesn't go for QuinRose games just because of her bad experience with Crimson Empire.
I've read her reviews and sometimes... I don't really agree with her and her choice of words.
Who's next on my list?
4 Shiki is a duo of girls who reviews PSP and PS2 games, along with some BL games.
I have nothing against the both of them other than the occasional bad grammar and the missing chunk of story when spoiling 華ヤカ哉、我ガ一族 勇's route (which happens to be my favorite).
Lijaka... I only read from her once.

...This isn't going anywhere and I've forgotten the whole point of me writing this...

Oh yes, I remember now!
I'm going to do something different!
Instead of spending time extracting the CG (which in fact, is harder from the PSP) and writing a whole post about the game, I'd just be twitting about it in 140 or less words.
The only thing left to do is... To find me. :D
PS: My tweets are locked, so good luck.

PPS: I've heard about a company planning to cash in take on  薄桜鬼 and Starry☆Sky by translating it to English. I'm not that enthusiastic about it, having seen the translating fiasco that the publishing companies have done; I doubt that they'll ever respect the culture enough to leave the names as they were (family name front, given names behind) nor will they do it without localizing westernizing it. Heck, I think that they will even make some of them talk like a yankee somehow... As far as language is concerned, there are a whole lot of  phrases, expressions and words that just can't be translated into English, nor do they have the English equivalent that carries the same weight; the saying 'lost in translation' exists for a reason.
Soon, some smart person would think about dubbing them... I'm glad that I understand enough Japanese to avoid crap like these.