十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Disappointment

Well, my first year will soon be over and I will be flying home for summer in around two weeks.
Excited? Yes.
But it's really because I can't wait to get rid of this unmanageable hair of mine.
Long story short, I hate having long hair.
Fortunately, I'm not here to talk about my hair.

I don't know if this blog of mine has any readers but that's the least of my concern.
It's my space to scribble my thoughts and rants.
What's she on about now?

Well, I'm disappointed in the country that I've called home for the past 19 years of my life.
Oh yes, I'm very disappointed.
I don't even think that it deserves to call itself a multi-racial country any more, since the people who run it aren't even having unity in their mindset.
Seeing all the petty fights that those dirty rats are trying to pull out on, I fear that there's no hope.

Studying abroad has opened my mind and changed my perspective, literally.
When we introduce ourselves for the first time, we don't identify ourselves by race or ethnicity- we say that we're Malaysian.
Mind you, my classmates are mostly British locals or from the EU so their opinions aren't bias.
They think that it's awesome for me to know so many different languages just by living in a multi-racial country.
Not only do I know my mother tongue and two of its branch dialects, I speak Malay, am fluent in English (duh) and now can even understand Japanese without having to use a translator and Korean to a certain extent.
When others only have their mother tongue to stand on, we Malaysians have the privileged of being able to wield up to three or even four different languages in our arsenal and on standby for any verbal spats.
We have an opportunity to know about other cultures and religion while others are ignorant of them.
Count ourselves fortunate that we are exposed to so many cultures and experiences without even having to step out of the country.

However, these politicians of ours take it as a manipulating point to finance their own gains.
Anyone, even without a PhD in sociology or political science, will be able to conclude that this will the cause of the country's downfall.
When they constantly complain about the brain drain, do they ever wonder why it happens?
Look at Singapore and the States; why is everyone flocking to those countries?
They don't have ethnic caps like we do, nor do they have racial bias.
Higher institutes there, and even the UK don't have ethnic caps like we do; take a look at the public universities we have.
For these countries, the only thing that is difference is whether if you're a foreigner or a local; employers look for abilities and not skin colour.
So yeah, I'm extremely disappointed in you, Malaysia.

On a brighter note, I got to know about my Cell bio lab report marks and the test marks for both Pharmacology and Cell bio.
Cell bio lab report is 60 (2:2) while my test was 78 (2:1) with an overall mark of 69, which is one mark from a 2:1... *sigh*
Pharmacology test was a 76 (2:1) but I don't know my overall mark as it includes my powerpoint presentation and poster, which I don't know the marks for.
The only one left is Molebio and Microbio.

Time to eat my lunch... Am so bloody hungry now.
じゃ、またね!

PS: My first birthday abroad was really good; what surprised me wasn't the surprise party (which wasn't much of a surprise considering that I already figured it out early on) but was the gifts that they gave... A hand mixer.