十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Staticity

I'm not even sure if that's a word.
Yes, this blog of mine has been rather dead recently, hasn't it?
I blame my course, it's just giving us too much work to do.

最近は元気ですか。


Yes, I can finally form proper sentences.
Actually, I'm rather like a bunny who already knows how to hop but doesn't know the mechanism of it... Lame metaphor, right?
I know some kanji due to it being Chinese, and I already know (but occasionally forget) the hiragana and the katakana.
It's the grammar part that I'm lacking.

So, what's been happening in my life since the last post?
Busy, busy, busy, drama and chaos and... Busy.
Yes, the second semester is a whole new level of tough, just as the assignments are.
Just within the three weeks I've finished an oral presentation, handed-in two lab reports with another on pending, a portfolio and finished a MCQ just this Monday with a scientific math test to sit for next week and the week after.
The two lab reports were consecutive assignments, one coming after the other and I've managed to have a word count of more than 5000, with the second one reaching up to 5847.
That's half of the required word count that I need to reach when I get to third year and start my final year project.
I've still got an oral presentation, a poster presentation, two lab reports and the MCQ for all of the three modules that I'm taking to prepare for.
So yeah, I'm busy and this blog is pretty much dead for the most of it.
Believe it or not, I've not touched my PSP since January, which makes it three months... I swear that I will play it non-stop during Easter.

About the drama and chaos, it's mainly about my noisy and inconsiderate housemate, H.
Sometimes I really feel like slapping her so badly that I find it hard to restrain myself.
Honestly, I think she's an ill-mannered ***** that needs to spend some time in NS.
Oh, that will scar her for life.
Who bloody hell switches the music on loud at 2.30am on a Sunday night / Monday morning in the kitchen? And kicking the ball against the door at that!
Geez, it's like she's never been thought how to live with others... Oh wait, she hasn't!
I know you don't have classes the next day and that your course isn't that demanding but mine is.
And when H2 (another housemate of mine) brought her friends over on Thursday night to celebrate St. Patrick's day, she and her rowdy friend joined in and had the whole thing going on till around 3 in the morning.
Yeah, I called the security but that didn't stop her.
And when I confronted her, she's like 'You're at Uni, have some fun and not spend so much time cooped up in your room!'
Uh huh... Fun at 2.38 in the morning at the expense of someone else's sleep?
IT'S A WEEKDAY FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!
I don't care if you blare your music on a Saturday night but NOT ON A BLOODY WEEKDAY!
Is that brain in your head for decoration?
Yeah, you're trying to be civil, you FAILED.
A civil person wouldn't even be doing this in the first place!
You're just another ill-mannered, ignorant, inconsidered barbarian who came to uni just to get drunk and perhaps even get liver cancer due to the your liver overworking to get the amount of alcohol you dump down your throat.
And if you aren't the person I'm talking about in my post in Facebook, why would you care what I write?
Hello, the world doesn't revolve around you, miss san-ba.
You no longer exist in my eyes and your words don't reach my ears.
I don't see you, hear you nor do I want to talk to you; I don't want to waste my energy on a person who just doesn't get that one person's culture is a taboo for the other.
And you so bring shame to the British name.
My initial projection and impression of a British has already been destroyed beyond repair just because of her (and a few other people as well).
But don't worry, I'm not the kind that follows 'a rotten apple spoils the whole barrel' way of thinking.
There are a whole lot of nice people I've met here and they respect my culture, even if they find it odd.
So yeah, I'll just let karma deal with you.
PS- To the bloody bastard who stole and ate my turkey drumstick and my butter, I hope that you get clostridium botulinum in your system and get serious diarrhoea. I don't care if your ACH gets blocked, that's what you get for stealing other people's food.

Any ways, I've got a day off and half-day tomorrow which I will utilize to work on my pending report that has to be submitted in May.
I know it's still a long way till the deadline but I work this way- I don't like leaving my work till the very last minute and I'll be able to enjoy my holiday without any worries about not being able to complete my work and then have the whole last minute panic on how to finish it.
9 out of 10 people I know are like this but that's just how they chose to have their life.
The Chinese proverb 先甜后苦,先苦后甜 is something I've been practising and it has never steered me wrong.

In more important news, Japan was struck with a triple disaster two weeks ago (just like how we had a triple whammy this week).
Thousands of people lost their lives and tens of thousands lost their relatives and homes in the 9.0 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami on the 11th of March.
Death is still lingering as the survivors are battling the cold and the lack of food, water and power, especially the elderly and the sick who has been evacuated from the hospitals.
They, the nuclear workers, are currently battling to stop a nuclear disaster from happening at the 福島 nuclear plant by cooling the nuclear rods with sea water that are in the generators which had been shut off or damaged by the tsunami.
Things were looking up until the last update I read yesterday but it's still too early to say that they're in the clear zone.
It's going to take a lot to rebuild the damaged infrastructure but money can never return the lives lost.
Economy isn't my thing but this would surely make a really huge impact on the world's third largest economy.
My JP sensei said that the people would need long time support instead of the sudden urge to donate.
To think, I went to search about the qualifications to be on the Doctor without Borders even when I don't think I'm going into med school when I graduate.
I felt so helpless while reading the news online... I don't know what I can do, since I want to help instead of donate.
...It's frustrating.

I'm hoping and praying for the recovery of Japan and its people.
My heart goes out to all who've lost their friends, families and their homes and the workers who are working to control the nuclear disaster.
I doesn't matter if I know you personally; may happiness and luck call upon your life again.

That's it for this time; I've got to get back to working on the horrid data I have for the 106 report.