十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Warning Labels

Well, it's the last day of 2009, so I'm trying to put on one last post and close the door of yesteryear two hours from now.
And what a weird way to end the year's post with warning labels.
Warning labels?
Yes, warning labels.



You know what warning labels are, so I'm not going to define nor explain its function.
If you don't know what warning labels are, I shall perform a 土下座 for I am amazed at your ability to have survived so long without knowing what they are.

Well, let me be my odd little self and say that books should come with warning labels.
More specifically, visual novels or 漫画 should come with warning labels... More detailed warning labels.
I almost died after reading chapter 13 of ハートの国のアリス or also know as Heart no Kuni no Alice.
Yes, DIED.
My heart was going ドキドキ when I started the chapter and when it reached the chapter climax...
It stopped beating for five seconds. No pulse, no movement, no breathing.
My eyes continued to scrutinize the contents of the page and my mind echoing the words that were telling their tale. My fingers tapped on the -> key to reveal the next page.
I swear, I shall never find anything that's more tempting than books.
Well, other than music that is.

I shall now leave this world and head onto my little corner of my mind.
While the whole world is ushering in 2010 with loud music, noisy crowds, gyrating and crushing bodies, long jams and putrid odor of sweat, I shall be comfortably sitting in my room and having the company of my harem of fiction.
As Jane Austen once penned Pride and Prejudice and have Elizabeth Bennet say,

What are men to mountains and lakes?

I shall now reply with another rhetorical question,

What are men to fiction and dreams?