十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm Listening

Sound, oh glorious sound.
I find no greater joy than to listen, and read.
Come to think of it, most of the activities that I love doing are very singular, other than gaming of course.

I have been pondering about this question Sappy asked when we met at MPH.
She finds it odd that no one in my family enjoys reading other than me and wonders where I've picked it up.
She isn't the first to ask though, and I didn't really know how to answer either.
I simply don't know.

Anyways, I'm not writing about books and reading.
Sound is the belle of the ball this time, voices to be more specific.



I'm sorry to say, English voice dubbers in Japanese animation are a disappointment to me.
Not all, but most.
I've been listening to some of the drama CDs that I have and find that the Japanese doing a better job at it.
The variation between roles by the same 声優 is astounding, and the give a far more convincing performance in both tone and emotion.
My MP3 is being cleared of songs I have lost interest in to synchronize all the drama CDs I've gotten.
Most of the songs are English songs; the English music industry is another sad and disappointing topic in my eyes.
I think 20GB should be enough, right?

My bro was giving me the discerning eye when I told him about drama CD, since 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 was among the albums I managed to get my hands on.
He says that it was pointless to listen when I don't even understand a single word of it.
It's his loss, since this is one of the ways to pick up a language.

I have a few favorite 声優, and it's not a surprise that most of them are guys.
*rolls eyes*
And no, I'm not listening to BL drama CDs. 私わ腐女子でわないよ!
Anyways, here's the list of 声優 that makes me melt into a puddle of goo and go all giddy (which is not an easy task):
~Not in any particular order~

- 小西克幸
- 最上嗣生
- 平川大輔
- 杉山紀明
- 杉田智和
- 中井和哉
- 櫻井孝広
- 小野大輔
- 福山潤
- 伊藤健太郎
- 森田成一
- 関智一
- 緑川光
- 檜山修之
- 森川智之
- 宮野真守

Hey, just because I'm a bit rough and don't prance around in a skirt and going all boy-crazy doesn't mean that I don't have a girly *shudders* side of me.
I am still a girl, just that I'm not too keen on real-life boys.

男の声優
|
Fictional characters
|
Me being giddy and happy

Conclusion: Winternite has solidified her stand as an otaku.

Meh, I'm going to see if ボリス would take me to the dance like he promised.