十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Absence: Act V

7 more weeks till I'm able to sleep on my own bed,
watch my favorite shows on tv,
start going to classes,
read manga till late night,
finally have a decent meal and...
listen to some tunes.
Gawd, I don't know how much longer I can stand without music.
GAHHHHH!

For those who just tuned in, this is a pre-written post. I'm not here right now.
How? It's a feature that has been long implemented, so go figure it out.
Why? I don't want my blog to be abandoned while I'm gone.
I'm currently serving as a soldier in training; well, sort of.
And yes, I'm a GIRL serving in an army against my will.
And it's not an army, per se.
Blame my bad luck for being selected.
Hey, at least I get to play with guns, ne?

-

Today's random topic is...Japanese culture!
I'm totally fascinated by it; well, most of it.
I even have a friend who's taking a class on it.
And no, I'm not interested in it just because it's a current trend or anything.
If anyone noticed, I got hooked onto manga AFTER the Japanese wave.
I found and liked it by sheer curiosity and interest; not like those sheep following the crowd.
Though I had some help by Sapphira, since she's the one who introduced it; but mine's a different genre.
Think Air Gear and Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.

Every Monday, I look forward to Sarah Mori's article- A Sip of Matcha.
She writes about her life in the Land of Sunrise.
If you don't know where it is, you're a moron.
I've even kept a few articles and have asked my brother to keep 'em from the recycling bin while I'm gone.
[Bro: If you're reading this, I hope you did remember; or else I'll seriously kill you when I get back.]

Unlike most of the teenagers of the world, I don't look to the West for influence.
Okay, maybe I did back when I was 13 but I don't now.
Clubbing, hangouts, wild shindigs and frat parties sure are fun; and they were what I pictured my teen life would be filled with.
Though, I can't say for frat parties now; I'll get back to you when I start my uni life three years from now.
Anyways, I don't think that sort of life would suit me. It goes too much against my principle.
And I'm not trying to paint a negative picture of the culture and lifestyle of the West; I don't think Asians' chivalry will ever out...em...outpolite the Texans in the United States.
We're at our worst on the road; I think 'devil on wheels' would be the more appropriate term.

I'm pretty fine with staying at home and reading in my room; sitting in the lazy chair under the air conditioning or splayed out on the floor.
Who needs to go to the cinema when I have my very own sound system in my home?
Dancing? I can't dance to save my life, let alone go clubbing.
Parties...are just not my thing.

I think I'm the type that likes to do things alone or in a small group.
Like, drinking a Java Chip Frappucino and doing something with my laptop at the nearest Starbucks outlet,
or chatting with friends at the coffee shop,
or watching the clouds go by and looking for shapes,
or going paintballing with my bro and friends, [Bro, you better keep that promise!]
or hang out at Borders reading the 'browsing' copy of some manga titles,
or rofl at the TV shows at home,
or watch anime,
or even reading manga till late at night.
I'm more laid-back and mellow than my intense and wild self that I pictured when I was a lil more green...It's amazing what a couple of years could mean.
Yup, took it from Avril's 'Nobody's Fool'.

-

I guess that's it for this week.
And Bro, I do miss...watching Bleach with you.
Hey, save a few episodes for me, yeah?