十二月のスキェジュル

- Update blog whenever she feels like it
- Watch out for new releases for manga (daily)
- Get 2 volumes of Japanese manga from Hakusensha or any other manga publisher
- Finish her short stories
- Back up savedata
- Survive PG and hopefully, PhD
- Complete most of her games in her game list
- Catalogue her mountain of unzipped and uncategorized manga in her desktop / hard disk
- Finish the drama that she's got in her hard disk

- (11/28) プリンスPiaキャロット [PC]
- (12/19) 放課後colorful*step ~うんどうぶ!~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 大正鬼譚 [PSP]
- (12/19) 月影の鎖 ~狂爛モラトリアム~ [PSP]
- (12/19) 剣が君 [PC]
- (12/26) Jewelic Nightmare

NB: Despite the overall static-ness of the blog, the game page is updated every now and then because gaming is something she'll never give up, ever.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Night Sky/ Platonic

I have around 8 minutes till the Physics tutor arrives.

Well, I'm sorry for not updating about my escape to Hong Kong. I've been busy since coming home with the unpacking and then the replacements for the classes I missed.


I won't give a detailed post about it. Only things I'd like to note are

- NEVER take AirAsia ever again. I knew it sucked, but never knew it was so much!
Not only was it free seating, it was cramped and horrible. I had neck aches and back aches
when I arrived.
- Mom had us walk for TWO DAYS just to look for her mooncake mold! My feet were sore for days. They aren't anymore, of course.
- The hotel rooms in Hong Kong are extremely small! Bro had to sleep on the ledge.
- Food in Hong Kong is abundant, so you don't need to worry about getting hungry.
- The public transportation is so convenient! They have this Octopus card that can be used at
the MRT, bus, payphones and even in 7-11!
- Like the 7-11 in Taiwan, they're well-stocked.
- The immigration officers are really mean! I was told to fill the form again for no reason but my
bro and dad didn't (they were in another lane)!
- It's only a door that's left of, my ancestor's house. My extremely distant relatives smokes and
I hope never to have any meals with them, ever.

If you want any pictures, I've uploaded them into facebook. I'm just too lazy to upload them here.


Hmm, I still have time...Today's post would be about platonic relationships!

Who says we can't have them?

I dunno. There's always someone telling me that girls and guys can't just be friends. They always have to be more than that.

THAT'S SO NOT TRUE!

Why do some people always assume that if a guy and girl are friends with each other, it's either one of them is a homosexual?!? (example taken from various romance novels)
And there's even some who advise people not to have a platonic relationship!
HEY! It's not like the girl's gonna steal the guy from his girlfriend!

Of course it happened to me! Who'd you think I was going to write about? This is my blog.
But I'm not going to tell who said what and who is the relationship is with.

Generally, I don't really mind which gender the person is when it comes to friendship. As long as we have something in common or share similar interests, it's good enough.
I don't see the point to only mix with your gender.

There are 2 incidents I'd like to point out. They'll sound like scenarios instead but it's the only way. Heck, it might even sound like something picked out from a shoujo manga but these things really did happen.

Incident 1:
Guy is feeling down with life, no longer sees hope. Girl meets guy. Guy talks to girl about problems in life, girl offers advice and encouragement. Guy feels happy and starts addressing girl with terms of endearment. Girl politely tells him off. Guy doesn't give up and starts pursuing girl. Girl gets tired of it and totally cuts off contact with guy.

Incident 2:
(In this incident, both the guy and girl already knew each other, just barely)
Guy gets dumped and asks for advice. Girl gives advice and encouragement, along with other friends. Guy constantly talks to girl. Girl answers. Guy starts declaring to girl. Girl declines. Contact becomes more strained. Total cut after 3 months.

It seems like I'm a magnet for trouble.
It happens every time I offer a lil help. Come on, don't you understand the term:

I just want to be friends, nothing else.

or
I only like you as a friend, nothing more.

It's not wrong for a girl to have a guy as a best friend and vice versa!
And it turns out my Physics tutor isn't coming!

Where was I...Oh yes!
Not all guys are like the ones I pointed out above, some are really cool and nice to talk to.
We just talk about school life, music, video games, anime...and a whole lot more things that other girl friends of mine aren't interested in. Sometimes, they even offer better advice than girls do. What's better is, guys don't gossip like girls to.
Sure, they sometimes diss each other at their faces but it's rare to see them plot for revenge like girls do.
As the saying goes:
A woman's wrath is worst than a thousand earthquakes.

I'm not looking for anyone at the moment and if I meet another guy who does the same as the two above incidents, I'll personally beat him up.